South-of-Portland restaurant recommendations

I am looking for restaurant recommendations in the general vicinity of I-5 between Salem, OR, and Tigard, OR. Thank you!
posted by HotToddy to Food & Drink (6 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

When I was there, my family stopped at this fantastic place called the Oswego Grill
posted by Junocular at 1:39 PM on July 27, 2016

Rafns' Restaurant is firmly in Salem, not between. It's pretty low key and is super great.

The stretch of road you're looking at has a general dearth of quality. Lots of 'big box' restaurants.
posted by furnace.heart at 2:21 PM on July 27, 2016 [1 favorite]

In Tigard:
*John Barleycorns - excellent on-site made beer, good food.

In Tualatin:
*Roxy's Island Grill - if it's anything like the Beaverton one, tasty Hawaiian food in low-key atmosphere.
*Mashita Teriyaki - friends swear by this place.

In Lake Oswego:
*Oswego Grill - decent food in upper scale atmosphere.
*Stanford's - good hamburgers.

In Wilsonville:
*Dar Essalam - good Moroccan food, nice folks.
*Oswego Grill - same as in Lake Oswego
*Thai Village - my go-to in Wilsonville.

In Aurora:
*Country Grains - excellent sandwiches.
posted by sazanka at 4:00 PM on July 27, 2016

There's a RAM restaurant in both Salem and Wilsonville. Casual dining with beer.

2nding Oswego Grill where 217 and I5 meet. Great happy hour and late happy hour.
posted by TomFoolery at 4:44 PM on July 27, 2016

The Glockenspiel in Mount Angel is good for German food. A bit off I-5, north of Salem.
posted by dorey_oh at 11:25 PM on July 27, 2016

When we had to eat in Salem, the Ram on 12th was our go-to. My aunt likes Willamette Valley Pie Co off NE Sunnyview. It's in the middle of almost nowhere but their pies are amazing.
posted by fiercekitten at 10:19 AM on July 28, 2016

« Older Longshot: Spoon in a haystack   |   I'm a "skinny-fat" female - whats the best way to... Newer »