Please help me find more dresses like this.
July 23, 2016 2:56 PM   Subscribe

Because of another post, I found and ordered this dress on sale from Boden in all three colors. I love this dress. Where do I find more of this kind of dress? What words do I need to look for when I'm searching?

What I like about it: casual, comfortable, so soft, not too short, doesn't look like I'm about to go run a marathon like Athleta/Title Nine dresses. It feels like I'm wearing pajamas.

I don't know a lot about clothing, so I don't know what words to use to find more dresses in a similar style.
posted by ilovewinter to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (7 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite

For descriptive words, I think you could pull directly from your link: blouson, gathered waist, jersey material, "length finishes at knee" (knee-length).
posted by Iris Gambol at 3:56 PM on July 23, 2016 [1 favorite]

Meant to add: did you you see the similar 'Audrey' dress at Boden? (Found by searching 'blouson' at the site.)
posted by Iris Gambol at 3:59 PM on July 23, 2016

This is a similar style at Nordstrom.
posted by essexjan at 4:30 PM on July 23, 2016

It's kinda hit or miss, but I have found a bunch of those blouson style dresses at Ross. They're made by some random company that I think only sells at Ross.
posted by radioamy at 5:19 PM on July 23, 2016

There are a lot of dresses like this at The Loft (formally Ann Taylor Loft).
posted by afton at 5:53 PM on July 23, 2016

I would also call this a "tunic dress". Depending on your height you may also be able to shop for "tunics" and get a similar length dress. You could also try beach cover-ups though they might be a bit too see-through to wear as a dress.
posted by Hypatia at 7:11 PM on July 23, 2016

Firing "jersey blouson dress drawstring" into Google image search fetched up a decent number of same-y styles (though it's probably a bit late in the season -- snowsuits are already in stores).

If you truly adore the Boden one and the viscose is not pilling, I would consider buying at least one more in your favourite colour. I have never regretted buying multiples of The Best Ever [That Particular Type of Garment], but have certainly regretted not buying multiples, especially if a sale was involved.
posted by kmennie at 8:20 PM on July 23, 2016 [1 favorite]

« Older I want my side effect back   |   A case of catsternation Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.