Like a pump top, but the liquid flows into a 'dish' - what are these?
July 5, 2016 5:18 AM   Subscribe

When in the US earlier this year, I bought this cleansing water - mostly because I really like this kind of dispenser and it prevents me from pouring half of whatever's in the bottle all over me. Now the cap's snapped off and I want to replace it, but there doesn't seem to be many things in the UK with this packaging. It's like a 'dish' where you press down and the liquid flows into the middle, allowing you to soak it up with cotton wool - here's a better pic. What's the name for this kind of cap?
posted by mippy to Shopping (8 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
Looks like an Alcohol Dispenser-style top.
posted by scruss at 5:33 AM on July 5, 2016 [4 favorites]

Muji have plain bottles with this type of top. You can decant your cleanser into them.
posted by like_neon at 6:26 AM on July 5, 2016

The bottle type is typically called a 'liquid push down dispenser' or just 'push down dispenser.'
posted by thegreatfleecircus at 7:25 AM on July 5, 2016

In US beauty supply terms, they seem to generally be called a pump dispenser (see also Amazon, though there's nothing that clearly and specifically differentiates that style from the classic soap-dispenser pump top.
posted by Lyn Never at 7:39 AM on July 5, 2016

one touch pump seems to be common.
posted by homodachi at 11:01 AM on July 5, 2016

FWIW, here's one at sephora and one at amazon.
posted by homodachi at 11:05 AM on July 5, 2016

EBay has a lot -- look for nail polish remover dispenser, alcohol dispenser, etc -- for example; or a nice glass one found via "one touch dispenser."
posted by kmennie at 12:48 PM on July 5, 2016

A beauty supply stockist should be able to provide this kind of dispenser. I used to get my nails done in a place that used them and have seen them available online in the UK.
posted by koahiatamadl at 12:52 PM on July 5, 2016

« Older Searching for a math learning book for children   |   Getting released from apartment rental lease? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.