Recommendations for apt/condos in Toronto or a renters agent

I've rented in Toronto many times before, but I don't have the time to do the full search myself this time, please hope me!

I'm looking for recommendations for good condos/apts in Toronto or a renter's agent. Move date would be before September 1, 2016.

We are two 30 year old professionals looking for at minimum a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bath apt/condo, not super tiny, within a 20 minute commute of financial district that's around $2,200. Ideally would have A/C and laundry.

We have letters of employment, *good* credit checks, references and pay stubs.

Any advice/help to not spend weeks looking at terrible places is appreciated.
posted by devonia to Home & Garden (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

What does "not super tiny" mean? A quick look at Craigslist says that there's a 2 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom apartment in a decent but older building in the St. Lawrence Market area going for $1900. There's a bigger 2 bedroom in a newer building just over in the Distillery district renting for $2200. They both have ensuite laundry and A/C. The first one doesn't have parking, the second one does.

They're both less than a 30 minute walk from the Financial District, reasonably well served by transit (King streetcar, 121 and 65 buses), and in pleasant neighbourhoods. I'd characterize St. Lawrence Market as more "family", and the Distillery District as more "young urban professional".
posted by clawsoon at 6:54 PM on June 29, 2016

I think you're going to be looking for condos; not a condo person, but here's a review site that might help. You might want to check renters' groups on Facebook as well, for ads.
posted by cotton dress sock at 7:48 PM on June 29, 2016

Not tiny = larger than 750 sqft.

My question was a bit vague (busy season at work), I was hoping there might be people in Toronto that would have personal recommendations of buildings they had lived in/had friends live in. Or know of a good renters agent. Might be a pipe dream.
posted by devonia at 8:58 PM on June 29, 2016

I bought a 2BR 2bath non-tiny condo in downtown Toronto recently and used the BREL Team and would highly recommend them again. They also have a rental agent (can't vouch for her specifically, but why not talk to her and see what you think). I went with them because they had really good Yelp reviews.

Also check out condos.ca.
posted by foxjacket at 11:37 AM on June 30, 2016

« Older Did you take your family to Jamaica? How did it go...   |   Where to begin looking for film PA jobs in NYC? Newer »