Recommend some Fitbit Flex bands that won't cause irritation

I love my Fitbit Flex but my skin doesn't love the band. Now that the resulting skin rash is almost healed I'd like to wear it again but would prefer a band made from a different material.

I'm a guy and most of the bands I've seen on places like Etsy are intended for women. I'd prefer something fairly low-profile and unobtrusive but I'm open minded otherwise. I run and practice karate so it needs to be sturdy, too. And it has to have lasers. Kidding. But lasers would be cool.

Any suggestions?
posted by tommasz to Health & Fitness (6 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

There's a maker on Etsy that makes cloth covers- some of the fabric is girlie, but she also has basic black and grey. Might be worth a look.
posted by PorcineWithMe at 7:44 AM on June 23, 2016

I ended up getting a couple of these. I clip it to a belt loop. I also bought one of these these for my shoe - to use at the gym...it's big enough I can cram my house key in it.
posted by fluffy battle kitten at 7:54 AM on June 23, 2016

I had the same issue and I wasn't able to find a band that ameliorated it. Instead I switched wrists every day, took it off when I went to bed and made sure my arm was completely dry, post-shower, before I put it on.
posted by kate blank at 12:23 PM on June 23, 2016

I just carry the electronic bit in my pocket. It counts steps as well from there as on my wrist. (Be careful on laundry day, though.)
posted by booth at 4:30 AM on June 25, 2016

I'm going to try the leather one. Thanks!
posted by tommasz at 9:46 AM on June 27, 2016

« Older What are the unknown unknowns of opening a...   |   What's the best way to find a developer job in... Newer »