Getting a temporary sticker for a vehicle in a different province
June 21, 2016 1:34 PM   Subscribe

I moved to Montreal last year, but my motorcycle is still in Toronto. I hope to remedy that this weekend. The bike has been off the road for a while though and the license plate sticker is expired. If I go to renew the sticker at an office in Ontario on Friday, will they ask me for my driver's license or some other proof of address? And, if so, will a Quebec license be a problem? Do I go get a new plate here before then instead?
posted by 256 to Law & Government (3 answers total)
You get a temporary permit from ON (you'll need to show proof of ownership, insurance, and your QC license). You may need to have the motorcycle inspected before you register it in QC and then you can get it permanently registered.
posted by ssg at 3:52 PM on June 21, 2016 [1 favorite]

If the bike is still listed as fit in your name as per the ownership, go put insurance on it and go to serviceontario after a week. They would print your form for sticker renewal..... you could either put a years sticker on, then bring the plates back later for refund Alternatively, you can put a 10day temporary sticker on the plate by changing the vehicle status to temporary... however, when you arrive in PQ, you will have to do your safety. Regardless of what you decide to do, you will need active insurance on the bike to get either sticker.
posted by NorthernAutumn at 5:55 PM on June 21, 2016 [1 favorite]

^^^ If you want to use your one time insurance declaration, you don't have to wait for digital confirmation of insurance - just bring in the pink insurance slip.
posted by NorthernAutumn at 5:59 PM on June 21, 2016

« Older Give me your best Korean movies   |   How do I get Zika tested? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.