Recommendation for a business attorney in the UK

Does anyone have a recommendation for a general business attorney in the UK?

I'm looking for a business attorney in the UK and need a recommendation. Does anyone here have an attorney they know and like? General business, for a small company.
posted by 3491again to Work & Money (4 answers total)

I take it you’re from the US? In the UK, “lawyer” is the term you’re looking for.

You’re probably going to have to be a bit more specific about location & needs though.
posted by pharm at 12:34 AM on June 9, 2016 [1 favorite]

Even better, 'solicitor'.

I agree you could do with being more specific. A good place to start might be the Good Lawyer Guide - maybe search under general 'business advice', and enter a postcode. Location matters obviously - though London is the centre for legal services (as for so many other things).
posted by plep at 4:29 AM on June 9, 2016

I know the keywords; I was just looking for a person who does legal work in the UK (in any location) that someone on Metafilter had personal experience or knowledge of and could recommend.
posted by 3491again at 7:39 AM on June 9, 2016

I have had good experiences with Fisher Jones Greenwood in Colchester in several areas. They are a general purpose solicitor (so also cover conveyancing, immigration, wills and other aspects of law the average person may come across).
posted by plep at 7:45 AM on June 9, 2016

« Older Looking for plastic hex pieces seen in Stephen...   |   Medi-Cal estate claim with joint ownership Newer »