Identify round metal whatsit thingamabobber?
June 7, 2016 5:19 PM   Subscribe

It's mostly flat, and short metal sticks come out of the edges when you turn the top knob.

My parents have this device in their windowsill (top, top with edges extended, bottom) but none of us know what it is. The markings on the bottom just mean it was made in Germany, so that's no help. Have you seen this doodad before?
posted by Edna Million to Grab Bag (5 answers total)
posted by A189Nut at 5:34 PM on June 7, 2016

Also known as a daisy knitter. Here's a partial scan of the instructions.
posted by Metroid Baby at 6:12 PM on June 7, 2016

weird. if i understand correctly here are full instructions (i have no idea if this is right, just curious).
posted by andrewcooke at 6:54 PM on June 7, 2016

Awesome, that was quick! Thanks so much!
posted by Edna Million at 8:51 PM on June 7, 2016

« Older Raising a Glass to the Tony Awards in Minneapolis   |   Is there any good way to deal with a disappointing... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.