Doublesided bookcase
May 18, 2016 12:08 PM   Subscribe

Where can I find bookcases with the following specs?

I want to find a double sided bookcase that meets the following specs...but where?

1. real wood. not particle board
2. 36 to 48 inches tall
3. 6-8 feet long

Anyone know of a good source for something like this? Library supply shops??
posted by museum of fire ants to Home & Garden (5 answers total)
Looking for 'unfinished furniture' will probably get you what you want. Like this.
posted by suedehead at 12:14 PM on May 18, 2016

In my area, I would go to Fenton Maclaren in Berkeley, CA and see if they can custom make exactly what I need, as suedehead said. Or ask a friend who can make bookshelves

But that's a pretty long bookcase to not have it supported along the length of the shelves, so think about what you want double sided to look like for real.
posted by brainmouse at 12:26 PM on May 18, 2016

Is this what you're looking for? (I cannot begin to imagine the shipping charges, though.)

Other options include hiring a cabinetmaker (my parents' solution) or arranging through an unfinished furniture retailer to have a supplier customize an order (my solution).
posted by thomas j wise at 2:30 PM on May 18, 2016

In Chicago, 57th Street Bookcases does great custom work. Maybe they could give you a referral (assuming you're elsewhere).
posted by chimpsonfilm at 3:23 PM on May 18, 2016 [1 favorite]

I don't see any on their website, but I recommend contacting Barn Furniture. I have several of their bookcases, and I'm pleased with them. It's better to call them than to e-mail them, in my experience.
posted by The corpse in the library at 9:39 AM on May 19, 2016

« Older How to interpret feline EKG results?   |   Cold War-influenced, all-gender cat name Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.