Best way to play slither.io game to reduce lag?

Is there any way to reduce the lag while playing slither.io? I have the same problem while using the iphone 6s app (wifi), playing on the iphone browser (wifi), and playing on my computer.

I tried playing in incognito mode, Firefox, google chrome, deleting my browser history, deleting my extensions.

How am I supposed to procrastinate for finals with all this lag?!
posted by LaunchBox to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I can only speak to the browser version, but have you tried setting it to the lower quality setting?
posted by zeee at 7:47 PM on April 30, 2016 [1 favorite]

Have you switched the graphics to "low quality"? I've found that helps a little.
posted by Metroid Baby at 7:48 PM on April 30, 2016 [1 favorite]

A fair amount of the lag might be server-side or network congestion. That can't be helped with anything you do.
posted by jackbishop at 8:08 PM on April 30, 2016 [1 favorite]

I've been using a userscript on sliterio.org which blanks out the background and reduces glow, and it's helped quite a bit.
posted by Gordafarin at 4:51 AM on May 1, 2016

« Older Massage therapists in Encino or Santa Monica?   |   Current closet organization apps for Android? Newer »