Looking for an article on hybrid third-party politics.

Not sure if this was in the Blue or not, but maybe someone can help me find this article. Within the past year or two there was a news article about a 3rd party organization that was endorsing other establishment candidates from other parties in races where they weren't running a candidate.

The article was framed along the lines of "how xxx shows a possible path forward for third/independent politics in America." I can't recall much more than that, but there was a very specific term that they used to describe the concept. They had a major success in a recent race, possibly last November, but I can't remember if it was in the Pacific Northwest, California, or even Indiana.
posted by daHIFI to Law & Government (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Was it this article about the Vermont Progressive Party?
posted by SisterHavana at 2:05 PM on April 27, 2016

That's a totally common thing in New York elections. It's called electoral fusion.
posted by snaw at 2:13 PM on April 27, 2016

Thanks both, a search for 'electoral fusion Northwest' brought me to the Working Families Party, and to this profile that I was looking for.

The Pugnacious, Relentless Progressive Party That Wants to Remake America

posted by daHIFI at 2:47 PM on April 27, 2016

« Older Spin workout app   |   Resources for progressive thought and activism in... Newer »