Best SQL query classes in Portland, OR

My work is offering to send me for some SQL training, however, there are a number of options in the area and I am looking for some personal recommendations. I have some basic query skills using MS SQL Server Management Studio but I have never been formally trained and I don't want to waste this opportunity. Have you taken any classes on SQL querying in Portland, OR? Was it worth it? Thanks!
posted by Hopeful and Cynical to Computers & Internet (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

It's less exciting than being sent to training, but I liked the Stanford online SQL course when it was offered through Coursera. It's changed formats at least slightly since then, but it's worth looking into if you like the idea of being self paced.
posted by Candleman at 9:20 PM on April 21, 2016

I'm pretty sure they're in Portland, but regardless, these folks are absolute wizards:

https://learnfrom.brentozar.com/

I was involved in both their remote session work as well as on-site training. Absolutely fantastic.
posted by odinsdream at 7:04 AM on April 22, 2016

Thanks, folks!
posted by Hopeful and Cynical at 8:54 AM on April 24, 2016

« Older Quirky.com or InventionCity?   |   It's a real pain in the... Newer »