What would a bag like this be used for?

I am attending a conference and the swag bag we received is not similar to anything I can remember seeing before. Images of bag. The only hint I have is that the theme is "going for the gold" with some Olympic overtones.

The bag is nylon.
Inside there a plastic panels on each side.
It is a logo promotional bag so no manufacturer tag.
This is a technical conference but the bag does not seem like any computer bag I've seen.

Height ~16"
Depth ~9"
Width ~12"
posted by warthurton to Shopping (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

It looks like a bag made to fit into a gym locker. Consistent with the Olympic overtones. It is a workout bag.
posted by AugustWest at 9:04 AM on April 18, 2016 [6 favorites]

It's a gym bag. Side vertical opening to insert shoes, loops for bottles, etc. and sized to fit into a gym locker.
posted by JimN2TAW at 9:04 AM on April 18, 2016 [3 favorites]

Gym Bag, although you could probably pack a nice picnic in it.
posted by Ruthless Bunny at 9:18 AM on April 18, 2016

Looks like it could hold two bottles of wine quite nicely.
posted by Faint of Butt at 9:28 AM on April 18, 2016 [5 favorites]

Locker bag. It opens that way so that you can access everything without emptying the bag. Also, I think the grommet opening at the top is there to let some air into the bag so your sweaty gear doesn't get mildew.
posted by 26.2 at 9:49 AM on April 18, 2016 [2 favorites]

Looks like it's this one:

Our locker bag is designed to fit into a standard gym locker. Features an interior shelf that allows you to keep your clothes separate from your shoes and dirty clothes. Inner side pockets for locker room essentials as well as an exterior water bottle holder. Entire bag is collapsible to make for easy storage. Made of 600D polyester.

posted by redsparkler at 10:43 AM on April 18, 2016 [1 favorite]

Looks like one of those bags that are shaped and lined to put boxed meals in like from special diet delivery services that do fresh paleo gluten free stuff.

I have a gym locker bag and it looks nothing like that.
posted by tilde at 10:44 AM on April 18, 2016

Looks like redsparkler's got it, but I agree that it looks good for holding wine and I might use it for a picnic at the Hollywood Bowl or another summer's evening event with snacks.
posted by vignettist at 9:19 AM on April 19, 2016

« Older So many choices!! How to handle   |   Finding an article about voting restrictions in... Newer »