Help me ID this song

A couple weeks ago, I heard a song in an airport bathroom, and have been trying to figure out what it is ever since. I used Garageband to record the main vocal theme via midi piano -- here's my clip (warning: autoplaying audio) .

I think my rendering is slightly slower than the actual tempo.

The song has an ethereal, indie feel, with a female vocalist. A snatched phrase from the chorus, which is a different part of the song than the piano piece I linked, is something like "'til it comes." I also think I heard "sadness" elsewhere in the song. I know that's not a lot to go off of.

Many thanks for helping me identify this earworm!
posted by delight to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Your clip reminded me of Sneaker Pimps 6 Underground. It's not exact, but this popped into my head when I heard your sound bite. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MPi7DOwvZow
posted by Happydaz at 9:57 PM on April 11, 2016

I keep thinking I hear Frou Frou in there. Maybe "Let Go"?
posted by Merinda at 10:49 PM on April 11, 2016

Reminds me a bit of Paradise Circus by Massive Attack.
posted by methroach at 11:20 PM on April 11, 2016

Doesn't match exactly, but it reminds me of You Can Have Manhattan, by Sara Bareilles
posted by pseudostrabismus at 4:45 AM on April 12, 2016

Sure sounds like What's it all about Alfie to me.
posted by bricksNmortar at 5:08 AM on April 12, 2016

« Older Wet/Chemical Work VS Leather Watchstrap- any hope?   |   Best way to parse this data Newer »