What blogs/sites do you read that give you Lifehacker-esque content?

I am interested in Lifehacker-esque content, but not Gawker. What do you read that's like this?

I have read Lifehacker for a couple of years and find the content appealing - however I hate that it's part of the Gawker network and am at the point where I want to stop compensating them in any form.

I particularly like the How I Work series, habit examinations, short articles on things adults should know, and gear deal aggregation. I'm less into the career advice, tech reviews/recommendations, or Ferriss-y hack stuff.

Do you have other sites and blogs that you read regularly and would recommend that provide similar content?
posted by scrittore to Technology (8 answers total) 99 users marked this as a favorite

Lifehack
The Art of Manliness
posted by davcoo at 4:27 PM on April 11, 2016 [2 favorites]

I recently discovered iheartotganizing for visual organizing. Lots of great content and ideas.
posted by A hidden well at 4:33 PM on April 11, 2016 [1 favorite]

Kevin Kelly's Cool Tools blog has user submitted recommendations for gear of all stripes, and it has a "What's in my bag" category.
posted by ernielundquist at 5:16 PM on April 11, 2016 [4 favorites]

Selfification
Barking Up The Wrong Tree
Zen Habits
The Minimalists
Be More With Less
Into Mind
Maker/Mistaker
Mark Manson
Raptitude
Wait But Why
The School of Life
Adulting
posted by Brittanie at 5:49 AM on April 12, 2016 [4 favorites]

The "how to" and "productivity" parts of Matt Might's blog.
posted by busted_crayons at 6:25 AM on April 12, 2016

ApartmentTherapy, The Kitchn, and A Beautiful Mess all have good DIY and home-focused organization content.
posted by _bartleby at 7:44 AM on April 12, 2016

Nthing all of Brittanie's suggestions and adding Unclutterer to the list!
posted by helloimjennsco at 9:18 AM on April 12, 2016 [1 favorite]

Thanks everyone - I have re-enabled my Feedly account, added nearly all of the suggestions, and haven't had the urge to visit Lifehacker since this post went up. Great work!
posted by scrittore at 8:24 AM on April 19, 2016

« Older How do you know when your marriage over?   |   Do I Stay or Do I Go? New Hard Drive for Dell Opti... Newer »