Which stone cutter is this?

Can you identify this stone cutter?

My landlord took over my loft for a year to "renovate." He actually used my home as a shop to work on the neighboring unit.

The neighbor has stone shower, I have no stone. Now, in court under oath, he denies this is a stone cutter. Cross-examination coming up this week, I need to find the manufacturer and model of this thing.
posted by StickyCarpet to Technology (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

It looks similar to a Bridge Wet Tile Saw.
posted by lamp at 8:56 AM on April 3, 2016 [1 favorite]

I agree, though this one seems to have a different logo on it. Using "tile saw" as a search term might help in trying to narrow down the exact make and model.
posted by Dip Flash at 9:03 AM on April 3, 2016

That's not a logo, that's a handle and its shadow. The QEP model of Bridge Wet Tile Saw that I keep finding (and that lamp linked above) looks like a very close hit, but the handles on the side are wrapped with a black material.
posted by kalessin at 9:40 AM on April 3, 2016

Yes, it's a tile saw. No tradesman would call it a 'stone cutter,' even though it's fully capable of cutting stone tiles. Maybe that's the technicality your landlord is hanging his hat on, for whatever reason? You won't find an advertisement or specification referring to it as a "stone cutter." I doubt that really matters.
posted by jon1270 at 10:19 AM on April 3, 2016 [1 favorite]

I asked a coworker about this, because she has years of experience assisting her husband, a stonemason. She writes:

Yeah, that looks like a wet tile saw. Stone masons typically use a different, hand-held saw.
posted by Dr. Wu at 6:49 AM on April 4, 2016

« Older Show me beautiful and radical art that I can buy!   |   I am not my hair... but I'd like to at least be... Newer »