What is this knife prop thing?
March 7, 2016 5:33 PM   Subscribe

A friend picked up a peculiar curved metal knifelike object at the estate sale of a sf/f fan. I have two photos: one and two. Is this familiar to anyone? What is it?
posted by cmyk to Grab Bag (4 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
Sort of looks like an incense holder maybe?

The markings kind of look like letters but I can't make it spell anything. Can you?
posted by RustyBrooks at 7:08 PM on March 7, 2016

Your friend wouldn't happen to recall any other scifi/fandom collections or objects at the estate sale? I've been scouring fictional alien language fonts on Google Image Search along with a cropped version of your photo but I can't seem to place this particular one. I know it looks familiar to me, but being able to narrow it down would help in the search.
posted by KoPi_42 at 8:21 PM on March 7, 2016

Nevermind! Found it! It's a version of the alien artifact from the Steven Spielberg miniseries Taken!
posted by KoPi_42 at 8:29 PM on March 7, 2016 [9 favorites]

koPi_42, nice! That's it.
posted by cmyk at 9:00 PM on March 7, 2016

« Older Does the Fuji XF 16mm/f1.4 represent a worthwhile...   |   Do I tell the 'other' person about an affair? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.