Good/reasonable price hotel near Radio City Music Hall, NYC

I've scored tickets to the Superman/Batman movie premier in NYC (at Radio City Music Hall). I want to go, but want to 1. minimize cost for a 2 night stay in NYC, 2. be close to Radio City Music Hall. What are your recommendations for a hotel. Additional info: Date of the premier is March 20, we're flying in on the 19th, leaving on the 21st. 2 people.
posted by HuronBob to Travel & Transportation around New York, NY (6 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

I guess it depends on your definitions of "reasonable price" and "close," but I've stayed at the Westin near Grand Central several times and found it to be pretty good for the price.
posted by primethyme at 9:02 PM on March 2, 2016

We stayed at the Manhattan Centre Hotel a few years back and found it to be decent with a great location (it's basically next door to radio city from what I remember)
posted by TwoWordReview at 9:14 PM on March 2, 2016

Maybe this will help. Current reported results show a win at $136 for the Crowne Plaza, basically at Radio City. Best of luck, and congrats!
posted by mwhybark at 9:23 PM on March 2, 2016

I stayed at Pod Hotel on 51st - really good value but small. The location is great!
posted by teststrip at 11:35 PM on March 2, 2016

Pod Hotel is a good choice. At this time of year, bidding via Priceline a couple days ahead is a good way to snag a decent hotel room. Go to biddingfortravel.com to learn the best strategy.
posted by Elsie at 4:21 AM on March 3, 2016

If you're okay with taking the subway there's hotels in Long Island City and Woodside that are within walking distance to the 7 train. You can take it to Bryant Park and Radio City is 7-8 blocks up 6th from there.
posted by Gev at 11:46 AM on March 3, 2016

« Older iOS Photos: can I download selected albums in full...   |   How big should my emergency savings account be? Newer »