Why does Windows keep resetting my theme?

I'm trying to change my theme on Windows 8.1, but every time the computer goes into sleep mode it resets the theme when it wakes up. How do I stop this from happening?

- I have Windows 8.1.
- I'm trying to change it to a High Contrast theme (under the "Personalize" menu), but it keeps resetting it to the default theme.
- Any time the computer goes into sleep mode or returns to the login screen, it will say "Please wait" and then switch back to the default Windows theme.
- I looked this up already and the suggestion was the OneDrive sync settings. I turned all of the settings off and it's still happening.
- I tried removing all the other themes that I could, but it still switches back to the default theme.

posted by noxperpetua to Computers & Internet (1 answer total)

Set your preferences, then reboot. There are some settings that Windows writes at shutdown, and theme used to be one of them. Worth a shot.
posted by theora55 at 6:38 PM on February 18, 2016

« Older Can I get my credit card to lower my APR?   |   break-up the breakdown Newer »