How can I transport Cialis pills for emergency use?

How can I transport Cialis/Viagra pills for emergency use?

I'm a single male and there have been occasions I wasn't expecting sex and needed a Cialis. Luckily, these situations happened at my own house where I had a prescription bottle.

But there are situations when the date wants to go back to her place. I tried putting a Cialis in my wallet, but it got crushed. It's a $5 pill! Is there a better way to keep Cialis on my person in case of emergency?
posted by anonymous to Human Relations (13 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

There also pillboxes that go on your keychain.
posted by sacrifix at 9:36 PM on February 15, 2016 [3 favorites]

Just get a pill box. Or you could get a mini keychain version.
posted by O9scar at 9:39 PM on February 15, 2016 [1 favorite]

Condom tin.
posted by Mitheral at 10:52 PM on February 15, 2016

If you have a change pocket in your jeans, a pill is usually a good fit.
posted by grobstein at 11:46 PM on February 15, 2016

I use a mini keychain pillbox for my Tylenol pills, and they are extremely durable. I have yet to have a pill get crushed in one, and I've been using it for years now.
posted by spinifex23 at 1:02 AM on February 16, 2016

The only thing to be aware of with those mini keychain pillboxes is that they are often used for illegal drugs, so you might get a funny look or a question if you're flashing your keychain around all the time. But yes, they metal ones like sacrifix links are bombproof.
posted by 256 at 5:16 AM on February 16, 2016

You might have something lying around the house you can use: mini Altoids tin, empty Chapstick tube or Carmex pot, tictac box, contact lens case...
posted by mama casserole at 5:28 AM on February 16, 2016

Small plastic containers such as this one can often be found in the "travel size" section of drug stores. I use one, with a couple of cotton pads so the pills don't rattle around, for medications I take midday. (Link is for illustration only, don't actually buy that one because it's overpriced. The ones I've seen in stores run about $1 each.)
posted by DevilsAdvocate at 6:53 AM on February 16, 2016

Oh, I just realized the link I gave was for 25 containers, not one, which means the price would be reasonable...if you needed 25 of them.
posted by DevilsAdvocate at 7:07 AM on February 16, 2016

My Cialis is packaged in a bubble pack which should be protection enough. Just cut out a pill or two with scissors.

This may be standard with the 5mg "for daily use" version. You can take multiples per DR's orders for one-,time use. Talk to you doc and research what it will cost to see if its feasible for you.
posted by SemiSalt at 8:13 AM on February 16, 2016

Yeah, get it packaged in a bubble pack then keep one in your wallet.
posted by pintapicasso at 8:33 AM on February 16, 2016

Yes, the bubble pack should protect it... or keep it with your mints! But that may lead to an awkward situation if you take it earlier by accident!
posted by JeffKells at 5:15 PM on February 19, 2016

« Older Honeymooned in Portland and loved it...what's next...   |   Art + Tech in NYC Newer »