Looking for a candy tube supplier...

I am looking for a vendor that can supply about 500-1000 cardboard candy tubes similar to this , but half the size (anything less than an inch in diameter, less than 4 inches in length), AND could also print on the cardboard or possibly add a wrap/cover to it. I would provide them with a design file. Any vendors and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
posted by likeapen to Grab Bag (2 answers total)

Are you looking for personal referrals, or don't even know where to start looking? Googling "food packaging tubes" brought up this. I used to work for Westvaco, which could do this, but never in that quantity. You'd need to add 3 zeros on each before they'd have any interest.
posted by COD at 1:32 PM on February 15, 2016

If you go with the wrap/cover idea, you may consider contacting a sheltered workshop to apply the wrap/covers to the tubes. Many sheltered workshops employ people with special needs, and many specialize in packaging/assembly.

I've used sheltered workshops in the past for work. Usually you give them a few samples, then they'll do a time study and get you a quote. They're very reasonable and you're helping out a good cause.
posted by Ostara at 6:57 PM on February 15, 2016 [1 favorite]

« Older Question about regular expressions for...   |   What's it like to work in fundraising? Newer »