Where did the carnival target dummies go?
December 14, 2005 2:31 PM   Subscribe

A while back, perhaps on Boing Boing, I saw some artsy carnival throwing game target dummies -- the kind shaped like bowling pins, but with faux fur edging. I believe they were art pieces made for sale. I can't find a link to these (or the 'real thing' version) anywhere, probably because I don't know the correct name. Any help?
posted by felix to Grab Bag (3 answers total)
Best answer: They're called 'punks.' You can find them on eBay frequently if you search for 'carnival' or 'circus' and 'punk.' Highly collectible but there are lots of fakes as well as some places that sell new, artist-created versions. Some people specialize in collecting just punks as a subset of all vintage carnival/circus prizes like canes or hats.
posted by crosten at 2:38 PM on December 14, 2005

Best answer: Here's all you need to know...

posted by crosten at 2:40 PM on December 14, 2005

Response by poster: Perfect. Thank you sir!
posted by felix at 2:58 PM on December 14, 2005

« Older Is the "zawahiri letter" authentic?   |   What do you do with works of art that you like? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.