stock portfolio code

Does anyone know where i can find code that will display my stock portfolio on my personal website?

I have found several services that will track your portfolio for you. But, I would like to display my portfolio on my pesonal website (for all to see). Ideally, it would update everytime the page is loaded with real-time or 20-minute-delayed data. There has got to be an easy way to do this with RSS feeds or something but i'm not savvy enough to figure it out and think that someone must have already done it. but who?
posted by hubs to Work & Money (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

I know this doesn't answer your question, but are you sure you want to do this? Your net worth could easily be guaged by employers, family members and people you would prefer not knowing these things.
posted by Alison at 2:48 PM on December 9, 2005

How would you know i'm telling the truth?
Am i male of female? Am i worth $1,000 or $1,000,000?

I plan on using this to show a comparison of what trading strategies are particulary effective, not my actual holdings.

Idealy, I would be able to enter and change the information on how many shares i've purchased and the code would update the change in that particular stock.
posted by hubs at 2:53 PM on December 9, 2005

Sorry, it's just that saying "my portfolio on my pesonal website (for all to see)" made it sound like it was your personal information.
posted by Alison at 2:56 PM on December 9, 2005

Yahoo Finance has XML feeds for stock quotes.
posted by Nelson at 3:11 PM on December 9, 2005

Thanks Nelson, I figured there would be several sources for feeds out there. I was hoping to find a place that had some code so i could implement these feeds on my site and easily show the changes (positive or negative) in the stock and how that effects the overall portfolio. so far my search has been fruitless.

i may be asking for too much.
posted by hubs at 3:25 PM on December 9, 2005

Magpie RSS should be able to do this for you.
posted by rhapsodie at 3:29 PM on December 9, 2005

Or a whole slew of alternative options from Google.
posted by rhapsodie at 3:30 PM on December 9, 2005

my Yahoo!'s portfolio have an email feature, and you download a .csv file but there doesn;t seem to be RSS.
posted by rschroed at 4:48 PM on December 9, 2005

« Older How do I prolong the life of my electric...   |   Our landlord wrote a curse on a Post-it and stuck... Newer »