Looking for iPhoto plugin help.

Where can I find an iPhoto plugin developer? I'd like to modify an existing open-source plugin, but I'm not a Mac developer, and calls for help have gone unanswered.

The plugin in question is Photon. I'd like to extend its functionalities a bit for a specific (personal) project I'm working on. I don't want to add anything new, I just want it to do more of what it already does/

I've emailed the developer for help and/or recommendations, as well as posting to Craigslist offering some cash, both without results.

Where else should I be looking?
posted by o2b to Computers & Internet (5 answers total)

Finding Cocoa Developers
• Cocoa-dev mailing list
posted by Rothko at 3:36 PM on December 7, 2005

ScriptLance
posted by trevyn at 3:37 PM on December 7, 2005

Response by poster: ScriptLance would be great, but it doesn't offer any categories even remotely close to Cocoa development.

There isn't even an "other" category, which is bizarre.
posted by o2b at 4:24 PM on December 7, 2005

This and this are well-written iPhoto plug-ins I use all the time. You might try contacting the programmers of each and seeing if they're interested in helping you with your project.
posted by designbot at 4:38 PM on December 7, 2005

ScriptLance would be great, but it doesn't offer any categories even remotely close to Cocoa development.

Cocoa isn't a language, it's a framework. It looks like Photon is written in Objective C, so just pick the C/C++ category. :)

Programmers are pretty smart people, and depending on what exactly you're trying to do, you probably don't need a veteran Cocoa programmer. Maybe your project is perfect for someone who wants to gain some Cocoa experience.

There are other similar project-bidding sites, rentacoder.com comes to mind, but ScriptLance is the only one I have experience with.
posted by trevyn at 12:11 AM on December 8, 2005

« Older Home Based Business   |   Can you help me find a song title to some lyrics? Newer »