In-Home Physical Therapist in Jersey City
September 4, 2015 11:37 AM   Subscribe

My mom(85), recovering from a stroke she had in February 2015, is staying with me for a month. I would like to pay for someone to come to my building and work with her while she is visiting. We have a full gym in the building, but I don't feel comfortable leading her in exercise. Any references for hiring a visiting Physical Therapist in or near Jersey City, NJ, US?
posted by drthom to Health & Fitness (4 answers total)
Not really what he does exactly but a good friend runs a business consulting with folks dealing with hospice care and he might have some idea of where to point you (and hes based in JC):
posted by Exceptional_Hubris at 12:08 PM on September 4, 2015

Best answer: You could also try calling the Visiting Nurse Association. They have physical therapists too (one came to my house after I had a hip replacement)

posted by DMelanogaster at 12:19 PM on September 4, 2015

I would reach out to the Hudson County Area Agency on Aging to see if they have suggestions/references for a PT that can come help you out. Their info is:

Hudson County Office on Aging
595 County Avenue, Building 2
Secaucus, NJ 07094
posted by JerseyBear at 12:42 PM on September 4, 2015

Try calling your local hospital, asking for the social work department, and ask who they refer patents to when it's time to discharge with home health care.
posted by joycehealy at 9:27 AM on September 5, 2015

« Older How do I ask for what I need/want without...   |   Is it a good idea to buy this Volvo that used to... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.