External numberpad (Bluetooth?)
July 31, 2015 2:39 PM   Subscribe

I am looking for an external numberpad for a Dell M3800. I would prefer Bluetooth in order to not having to use an USB receiver. It seems there are not many options. Thoughts? Alternatively, any recommendations for a cable free numberpad using a receiver that also supports a mouse and is super small?

I found the Elecom which is for the Japanese market. The Newertech one is already on order from amazon. And then there are some >$200 products, which is a joke.
posted by nostrada to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Best answer: I have a Microsoft bluetooth number pad which can be had relatively inexpensively on eBay. It works all right. If you want something new, this mac-styled bluetooth number pad isn't too expensive and should work fine with your PC.

In any case, I think you'll have better luck staying away from Amazon. Most of the $200+ models are actually discontinued models where unscrupulous sellers have upped their asking cost because they know some people won't check anywhere besides Amazon.
posted by Aleyn at 4:29 PM on July 31, 2015

Oh, in case it wasn't clear, I'm not selling mine, that's just a seller selling the same model as what I have. Not a self link. :)
posted by Aleyn at 4:36 PM on July 31, 2015

If you *must* have Bluetooth it's about $40 on Amazon:


If you can do regular Wireless (use USB port) it's $20, on Amazon. And if you can go wired, it's as low as $8 on Newegg.
posted by kschang at 12:55 AM on August 1, 2015

Response by poster: Thanks y'all for your replies. I was hoping for some real world experiences with this calculator/number pad device. I'll give it a try.
posted by nostrada at 11:31 AM on August 1, 2015

Response by poster: The customer loves the MS one. Thank You so much!
posted by nostrada at 6:01 PM on August 31, 2015

« Older Filling meals and snacks for Disneyland trip   |   Multi-platform graphics for writing a retro-style... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.