Which "common" items look different from common American items?

What are some common items that look very different from the American version?

I'd like some examples of common American items (prescription bottles, doorknobs, etc) that are very different looking in other countries. The more mundane and ubiquitous, the better.
posted by Triumphant Muzak to Grab Bag (77 answers total) 35 users marked this as a favorite

Ikea Cheese Slicer?
posted by CrystalDave at 11:27 PM on July 30, 2015

Currency.
posted by isthmus at 11:28 PM on July 30, 2015

A few things that off the top of my head.

In Canada, milk is sold in cardboard boxes and plastic bags, rather than large plastic jugs.

In New Zealand, door knobs (at least in many places I saw) are at chest height of an adult male, rather than say waist height.

In Hong Kong, toilet paper rolls are individually wrapped in plastic, then sold inside another large plastic wrap. Generic prescription drugs are given to patients in small plastic sachets, rather than bottles.
posted by modernnomad at 11:29 PM on July 30, 2015 [3 favorites]

American toilets don't look like anyone else's.
posted by Chocolate Pickle at 11:30 PM on July 30, 2015 [6 favorites]

When I lived in Japan I was very surprised to see how efficient the toilets were. There was a little sink on the top of the tank where I could wash my hands and the dirty water flowed into the toilet on flush. It was brilliant.
posted by joan_holloway at 11:33 PM on July 30, 2015 [4 favorites]

Electrical outlets.
posted by andoatnp at 11:35 PM on July 30, 2015 [5 favorites]

Funny that the first suggestion is an IKEA cheese slicer, because there is only one slicer in the world that makes actual sense and that is the Boska Milano. We eat around 3 pounds of Gouda a week. Trust me, Boska Milano, my friends,

As a a european, I can't help myself going into a hardware store, when I'm in the US. Especially the lock section. Padlocks, door locks, etc etc. If you want to see what we use in Europe, look here: Different sizes, different materials, different designs.
posted by ouke at 11:36 PM on July 30, 2015 [5 favorites]

Yes, most of the world has toilets with a 'two-choice' flush, depending on how much water you want to use each time.
posted by modernnomad at 11:41 PM on July 30, 2015 [1 favorite]

Cheese. In other countries cheese (cheddar) is a light yellow. The bright orange stuff for sale in the US is startling.
posted by kitten magic at 12:01 AM on July 31, 2015 [4 favorites]

Vacuum cleaners. Please let the US get normal vacuum cleaners some day.
posted by Thisandthat at 12:14 AM on July 31, 2015 [5 favorites]

In the Netherlands, you have the old-style German "shelf" toilets, as well as the more modern type that don't have a shelf, but also don't have as much water as a U.S. toilet. It's quite common that the toilet and flush buttons are mounted on the wall (as modernnomad mentioned, there are buttons for more or less water). The wall mount makes cleaning much easier.

WCs (half-baths, in U.S. terminology) normally have very small handwashing sinks with only cold water.

Public restrooms stalls usually have floor-to-ceiling doors, especially in places like restaurants and office buildings (not quite as much in places like train stations).
posted by neushoorn at 12:28 AM on July 31, 2015

Prescription medications (in pill form) in India come in strips, not bottles.
posted by Tamanna at 12:37 AM on July 31, 2015

Road signage.

The shape of 2L drink bottles.

Sidewalks and kerbs - European kerbs are much lower than American ones. American style slab concrete sidewalks are very rare. Usually they'll either be made of the same material as the road, sometimes they'll be decorative (brick, etc.).

Cars parked with two wheels up on the sidewalk.

Fire extinguishers. In the US, typically there will be single dry powder extinguishers installed. In the UK (at least) they will have twin packs of foam plus CO2.
posted by penguinicity at 1:17 AM on July 31, 2015

The more mundane and ubiquitous, the better.

Stuff like orange juice cartons come in sizes and aspect ratios that seem totally alien.
posted by Rhomboid at 1:22 AM on July 31, 2015 [1 favorite]

Light switches, both in shape and in height.

Power outlets are shaped differently, and also have a little on/off switches in many countries.
posted by third word on a random page at 1:30 AM on July 31, 2015 [1 favorite]

I should say, tea and butter aside, the differences are weird rather than bad, but it's kind of crazy that hotel reception gave me a ski locker padlock and I had to say "I have never seen anything like this before in my life and have no idea what to do with it or how to start opening it". Our padlocks have keys.
posted by tinkletown at 1:34 AM on July 31, 2015

When I first came to Germany, I noticed that many food condiments came in tubes. Things like mustard, mayo, ketchup, tomato paste and many more were available in aluminum tubes similar to the kinds that toothpaste comes in. I had never noticed this in the US before and when I had friends from back home visit me in Germany, they also mentioned or noticed that it was different.

Then a couple of years ago when I was back home visiting family, I was in one of those fancy schmancy US supermarkets and I saw a few condiments in tubes.

Maybe they are becoming more common?
posted by chillmost at 1:56 AM on July 31, 2015 [3 favorites]

Paper. North America uses different size paper compared to the rest of the world.
posted by vacapinta at 1:58 AM on July 31, 2015 [11 favorites]

The way dates are written.
posted by Too-Ticky at 2:06 AM on July 31, 2015 [5 favorites]

Eggs! I was amazed when I went to the US as a kid and saw the chicken eggs have pure white shells- in Europe they are speckled and brown.
posted by Dwardles at 2:24 AM on July 31, 2015 [1 favorite]

Speaking of dates, giving time 24-hour clock style is much more common outside of the US.

Light switches. In many places down is on, and up is off. Sizes and shapes are different, too.

Radiators - both being more common and looking different than old-fashioned North American ones.

The humble window screen is almost unheard-of in northern Europe.

Computer keyboard layouts. For example, the French keyboard layout is significantly different from a North American QWERTY.
posted by penguinicity at 2:29 AM on July 31, 2015 [1 favorite]

French standards:
If the wall (light) switch is down it is on.
Way more light switch form factors and a lot of them are rocker switches.
Washing machines and fridges have on/off switches on the front panel.
It is OK to parallel park with the car pointing either direction.
Urban road markings (stop lines and the like) are textured in overlapping circular sweeps rather than flat.
Milk is usually UHT in a box, un-refrigerated. Whole milk that needs refrigeration costs extra.
If cheese is in a package, the package is very seldom conformal. The cheese's shape has a lot to do with its type and it is meant to stand alone. If you buy the cheese at the cheese counter it will be wrapped in paper.
posted by jet_silver at 2:30 AM on July 31, 2015

I had a friend who had moved from New York to Australia, and was sad that she couldn't make pumpkin pie anymore, as she couldn't find any tinned pumpkins. It would never occur to us to put pumpkins in tins in Australia. She was also sorry that she couldn't find any powdered cheese, but I refuse to believe in such a food product. Surely not!
posted by tworedshoes at 2:31 AM on July 31, 2015 [1 favorite]

Single-serving soda commonly comes in 0.2L glass bottles in Europe, rather than 12oz (0.33L) aluminium cans. Larger plastic bottles like 20oz aren't used at all.

Since no one uses gallons, those plastic gallon jugs aren't used either. You buy liquid by the liter, or occasionally in a 5L box with the liquid in a pouch inside.
posted by cotterpin at 2:45 AM on July 31, 2015

Lightbulbs. Wall switches for outlets. Washer/dryer machines. Cigarette packs (you can still get 10s in some countries.) Also I have recently noted that my grocery store items have uniform lids -- my mustard, mayo, tomato sauce, and pickle lids are all interchangeable -- but I am unable to remember if this is the same in the US.

Also: beef. All of our beef is grass-fed. It's not a fancy option, it's just standard.
posted by DarlingBri at 2:49 AM on July 31, 2015 [1 favorite]

The gear stick in US cars is sometimes a lever sticking out of the steering column, near the headlight/indicator/etc levers (a column shifter).
In European cars this never happens, it's always a gear stick between the passenger and driver.
posted by EndsOfInvention at 3:24 AM on July 31, 2015

yes it does in the UK, for disabled drivers.
posted by tel3path at 3:51 AM on July 31, 2015 [1 favorite]

Most U.S. Beds are topped with a sheet, and then a warmer layer (or two). Euro beds are topped with a warm layer wrapped in a sheet bag (duvet).
posted by Jesse the K at 3:56 AM on July 31, 2015

Typefaces used in public signage are a great example: Frutiger in Norway, Transport in the UK, Highway Gothic (amongst others) in the US and so on. The fact that these are ubiquitous, that they identify a country so well and that most people don't know their names, makes them pretty interesting.

There are a number of other quite subtle differences relating to design as well - for example the preferred colour choice for cars - if they are mostly black you are probably in Denmark; if they are white you are somewhere hot - possibly Turkey; if they are orange then you must be in Sweden.
posted by rongorongo at 3:58 AM on July 31, 2015 [11 favorites]

Japan has bicycle locks that go just around the wheel to make the bike unrideable, but people often don't lock their bikes to immovable objects. I also saw kick stands like what you'd see on a motorcycle (more stable, so you can leave your bike standing on the sidewalk). This is eminently practical if you live somewhere where someone isn't going to just carry your bike off in the back of a van.

I also saw one or two people riding with flashlights strapped to their bikes. I don't know if this is because bike lights don't exist or what.
posted by hoyland at 4:05 AM on July 31, 2015

I can confirm that the Japanese bicycle locks and kickstands that hoyland reports about are also European bicycle locks and kickstands, so they may very well be everywhere-but-in-the-USA bicycle locks and kickstands.
Of course, there are also several kinds of bicycle lock available outside of the US that do lock the bike to an immovable object.
posted by Too-Ticky at 4:49 AM on July 31, 2015

Water sachets instead of disposable water bottles for many places in the developing world.
posted by TheAdamist at 4:58 AM on July 31, 2015 [2 favorites]

Fire escape signs are green in Europe (and the rest of the world?) rather than North America's red. Indicators/directional flashers are always separate orange lights. Trucks are nearly always cab over engine.
posted by ambrosen at 5:12 AM on July 31, 2015

I've lived in Sweden, Switzerland, Japan and the UK, and the following are things that surprise me when I visit the US:

Central heating. Those little vents in the floor? Weird. The European countries I'm familiar with has radiators (electrical/water-heated), and most of Japan has aircon units that can blow hot air in winter.

Supermarkets. There are some big supermarkets here and there in Europe and Japan, but the average US supermarket completely dwarfs them. The selection of soft drinks alone is so much bigger in the US that I've taken photos of them to show friends back home how different the US is!

Intersections vs roundabouts - the latter are way more common in Europe. I've hardly ever had to navigate a four-way intersection! In Swedish and UK ones at least you're not allowed to go anywhere before you get a green light - there's a turning lane with its own traffic signal, so none of this turning right on red.

Any non-fizzy drink (so milk, juice and some types of yoghurt) in Sweden comes in a cardboard Tetra Pak container. The ubiquitous plastic bottles in the US (and UK!) feel really wasteful to me.

Speaking of waste, the built-in garbage disposers so many Americans have in their sinks totally freak me out. I only know of these because they frequently show up in horror movies and shows! Sink drains look different in all countries I've been in, but what they have in common is that they filter out any chunks, which you then have to pick out and throw away yourself.

In Japan, the kitchen sinks have little built-in sieve-type arrangements you can lift out of the sink and clean. Very handy, but also nasty if you leave it for too long. YouTube can show you what they look like.

In the UK, mixer taps are rare - even in modern buildings, you'll have one tap for hot water and one for cold. There are historical reasons for it, but it means if you want pleasantly tempered water to wash your hands in, you have to plug the sink and kind of splash them clean? (I default to the cold tap, because then at least I won't get scalded!)

Pedestrian crossing STOP/WALK signals look different in every country. The US is the only place I've ever been where there was actual text on the signal, rather than just a red/green figure.

In a lot of places, the pedestrian light going green is accompanied by a particular noise signal for the visually impaired. In Sweden, all signal-controlled pedestrian crossings give off a continuous slow ticking, which switches to ticking ten times more rapidly when the light is green (apparently Sweden is one of few countries where the ticking is on around the clock). In Japan, various municipalities use their own unique tunes. In Kyoto, there's one bird sound for crossings that go North-South on the city grid, and a different one for crossings that go East-West. You can hear some Japanese crossing sounds here!
posted by harujion at 5:14 AM on July 31, 2015 [1 favorite]

Bacon
USA: strips of pork
Canada: roundish sort of ham
UK: kinda like a cross between USA and Canada
Middle East: made from beef, looks like skinny jerky
posted by chasles at 5:15 AM on July 31, 2015

A lot of people mentioned various aspects of cars, but the overall shape of road vehicles in Europe (what I'm familiar with, I'm sure it's similar all over the world) are just different than American cars. European cars just seem to me to have more curves to me; American cars tend to be much boxier. I think this may be partly because...

There are basically no pickup trucks in Europe! Contractors, plumbers, and electricians all use small vans. The only pickups I've ever seen in Europe were owned by American military personnel that transported them over as part of a temporary assignment. They stick out like a sore thumb and parking spaces aren't designed for their size.

Another vehicle-related one is the ubiquitous tractor-trailer. We use hard-sided trailers in the US; it's much more common in Europe to see soft-sided trailers draped in cloth instead of wood paneling.
posted by backseatpilot at 5:15 AM on July 31, 2015

In Germany it's rare to see a double-hung window. Everyone has these two-way units that tilt or swing open. When you don't use screens, they're quite nice.
posted by JoeZydeco at 5:27 AM on July 31, 2015 [4 favorites]

Bacon
USA: strips of pork
Canada: roundish sort of ham

Not true! That "Canadian bacon" is a fantasy dreamed up by Americans. "Canadian bacon" is vanishingly rare in Canada--I've only ever eaten it in the US. Our bacon is non-hammy and in strips, as god intended...
posted by Mrs. Rattery at 6:00 AM on July 31, 2015 [11 favorites]

The TV schedule! Stuff starts at 1:20 or 3:15 or whenever instead of on the hour and half-hour only (Turner Time notwithstanding).
posted by the christopher hundreds at 6:15 AM on July 31, 2015 [4 favorites]

How you prepare your coffee is incredibly different in Europe from the US. Drip coffee machines are much rarer, and instead you have the french press or this strange Moka Pot contraption.

Along those lines, UK households use electric kettles, and Japanese households use a different style of
electric kettle
. You'll almost never see the type of US kettles that you put on a stovetop.

Washers and dryers in the UK are mostly the side-loading type with the clear, round window. These are starting to get more common in the US too, but in an ordinary household you'll never see a top loading washer. In the UK, the washing machine is usually kept in the kitchen, instead of in the US where it usually lives in a designated closet. In the UK (and especially Japan), it's uncommon to have a dryer, so most people will dry their clothes on a line or on a clotheshorse.

European cars are also smaller on average than American cars. Hatchbacks are ubiquitous (every major carmaker in the UK makes one for the market), whereas when I lived in the States (pre-2012) it was much harder to find one. Certain carmakers also don't sell in the US whereas they do in Europe: Vauxhall, Peugeot, Renault, Seat, Skoda, Dacia, etc. Japanese cars are rarer here than in the US as well.

Showers: most of the rest of the world don't have a fixed showerhead (vanishingly rare in Europe and East Asia), but instead have one of those hand-held thingies. In the UK, it's still pretty common to have an instant water heater in the shower, connected directly to the handheld hose, like this. Heated towel rails/towel radiators are much more common outside the US.

Japanese ATMs look different from the ones I've seen in Europe and America. The screen lower and facing upward, so you have to learn over it like a desk.
posted by the_wintry_mizzenmast at 6:24 AM on July 31, 2015 [2 favorites]

French aspirin/paracetamol comes in tablets one dissolves in a glass of water.
posted by brujita at 6:25 AM on July 31, 2015

Americans generally write the numeral '1' as a simple vertical line or with a small top serif and a base. Outside of North America it's often written with such a long serif on top that it looks like an inverted V.

There's a specifically Continental style of antiperspirant that comes as a liquid in a small glass container with a large rollerball on top.
posted by theodolite at 6:43 AM on July 31, 2015 [3 favorites]

Washing machines are also much smaller in other countries, at least the ones I've done laundry in.
posted by something something at 6:57 AM on July 31, 2015

Oh yes, deodorant. Stick/solid is much more common in North America. Elsewhere, I've mostly seen spray or roller.
posted by third word on a random page at 6:59 AM on July 31, 2015 [2 favorites]

So few Americans cross their 7s that some folks substitute crossed 7s for capital Fs to try to look all European and fancy.
posted by MrMoonPie at 6:59 AM on July 31, 2015

third word on a random page: "Oh yes, deodorant. Stick/solid is much more common in North America. Elsewhere, I've mostly seen spray or roller."

Rollers and sprays used to be more common in the US. I think that sprays had mostly gone away by the eighties but I definitely used roller applicators for many years through the eighties.
posted by octothorpe at 7:19 AM on July 31, 2015

Beer glasses. In most European countries beer glasses have a measured pour line. So when you order .3L of beer you get that and then a nice foamy head. In US most 16 oz "pint" glasses are filled to about 14oz.
posted by Gungho at 7:45 AM on July 31, 2015

Has anyone said spoons? Tablespoons and teaspoons are totally different sizes in Europe. Teaspoons are wee tiny baby things and tablespoons are a little larger than American teaspoons.
posted by fiercekitten at 7:58 AM on July 31, 2015

It really messed with my head when I visited London and all the street signs were on the sides of buildings instead of on signs at the corner or next to stoplights. Apparently it used to be done in some US cities, too?

White peaches are more popular in most Asian countries, and yellow peaches are more common in the US. This difference extends to man-made products: peach candies and cosmetics from Korea or Japan usually have a delicate, sweet, almost floral flavor/fragrance and light pink packaging, rather than the tangy flavor and orangey "peach" color most Americans associate with the fruit.
posted by Metroid Baby at 8:03 AM on July 31, 2015

American Robins
posted by boffin police at 8:06 AM on July 31, 2015

I cross my 7s and I am not a European! But I am a mathematician and I probably picked this up from European-trained mathematicians. I also started crossing my z's when I found myself confusing them with 2's.
posted by madcaptenor at 8:25 AM on July 31, 2015 [6 favorites]

Condiments in Colombia are often packaged in squeezable pouches with little round spouts on the side instead of bottles or jars like U.S. versions of ketchup, mustard, and mayo. Milk also comes in bags.

I've also never seen bottles of ketchup and such on tables in restaurants. You typically get a plate of little individual serving-size tubes that squirt out like tiny tubes of toothpaste, albeit a more favorable consistency.
posted by _Mona_ at 8:59 AM on July 31, 2015

Public mailbox
posted by timepiece at 9:17 AM on July 31, 2015

I cross my 7s and I am not a European! ... I probably picked this up from European-trained mathematicians.

Same here. There's good reason for it!

More on numbers: commas instead of decimal points.
posted by Dashy at 9:47 AM on July 31, 2015 [1 favorite]

and even more on numbers, the ever-rational METRIC SYSTEM, BABY.
posted by Dashy at 9:48 AM on July 31, 2015 [2 favorites]

To add to the comments on light switches and outlets, residential electrical wiring is much more likely to be an exposed cable in Europe. I think this is due to the slightly safer higher voltage and more the realities of retrofitting masonry construction. Much of the US is light wood frame construction where the cable is pulled through before the walls are enclosed with wallboard. Even in retrofitting circuits, much of a US electrician's time (and tears) are spent fishing wires through those wood members to hide that stuff, so it always boggles my mind a bit when I walk into a posh house somewhere in Germany or the UK and there's just tons of stuff stapled here and there over moldings and winding around staircases with saggy runs in between boxes.
posted by werkzeuger at 10:18 AM on July 31, 2015 [1 favorite]

American (Western?) soup spoon vs. Asian soup spoon.
posted by mhum at 10:41 AM on July 31, 2015 [1 favorite]

I hate this! I totally understand that the A and B sizes of paper are correct, but I receive email from people all the time who send me stuff in A4 size and I just don't get it. They are in Canada, I am in Canada, neither of us have ready access to A4 size paper. and neither of us regularly send so documents outside of the country so why wasn't their paper size set to a Canadian size?

I have to print these documents out and they usually have mixed paper sizes so either I have to uncheck the option to print on the paper size specified in the PDF and the entire thing gets printed on letter size with the legal size documents all scaled down or I leave it checked and my printer just sits there waiting until I press some buttons on it telling it to print on letter size instead - for every single A4 page.
posted by any portmanteau in a storm at 10:46 AM on July 31, 2015 [1 favorite]

I find the US has a greater number of text-based signs than other countries generally: compare the wordiness of these US road signs with these European ones. Few other countries are so free to assume that people 1) Read and 2) Read English (BUT ONLY IN CAPITALS) and perhaps 3) Need to be told.

A little specialist, but buoyage : "Red Right Return" is a boating mnemonic that will get you safely to port in the Americas - but will be lethal elsewhere where the opposite rule applies.
posted by rongorongo at 11:15 AM on July 31, 2015 [1 favorite]

License plate shapes seem to be different outside of the US (and our neighbors).
posted by montag2k at 11:46 AM on July 31, 2015 [1 favorite]

Fridges are generally much smaller in Europe, and without an ice dispenser.
TVs tend to be smaller outside the US (although flat panels are changing this).
Some cars are very common in Europe but unknown in the USA : VW Polo, Mercedes A class, French cars like Peugeot, Citroen, Renault, & Italian Fiat (USA only has the 500), UK Vauxhall.
US kitchens tend not to have an electric kettle.
Bicycles with front baskets.
Toaster ovens are very popular in the USA and some other countries, but unknown in the UK (I tried to buy one for my sister in London).
US washers and driers are huge compared to Euro ones. Most different are US washers which wash much faster, use far more water.
US washing powder is not biological.
US antiseptic is not phenol based, smells completely different, is not as effective.
posted by w0mbat at 11:49 AM on July 31, 2015

Some parts of Canada use flashing green on traffic lights to mean "advance green" (what would be a solid green light and green arrow together in the US).
posted by Seeking Direction at 12:58 PM on July 31, 2015

One thing that's come up in discussions like this before: the North American orange school bus.
posted by gimonca at 1:18 PM on July 31, 2015

Telephone service/cell phones.
posted by Room 641-A at 1:21 PM on July 31, 2015

Just telephones, not the service. Stupid iPad.
posted by Room 641-A at 1:44 PM on July 31, 2015

Business card sizes.
posted by ArgyleMarionette at 5:49 PM on July 31, 2015

Oh man, one more thing to add: the day of the week the calendar puts first. Lundi is Monday.
posted by fiercekitten at 5:52 PM on July 31, 2015

American school buses are yellow.
posted by dame at 6:58 PM on July 31, 2015 [2 favorites]

I can't believe nobody's mentioned this: Cars with the driver's side on the right and the passenger's side on the left.
posted by SisterHavana at 7:43 PM on July 31, 2015

Germany: outdoor cigarette vending machines in the middle of public neighborhoods.

UK: outdoor candy vending machines everywhere.
posted by JoeZydeco at 8:45 PM on July 31, 2015

From what I've seen, a big oven like is in every American house is not common in Japan. Even the counter-installed ones with a cook top are toaster-oven height.
posted by ctmf at 8:59 PM on July 31, 2015

School Bus. I mean, come on, people know what this is.
posted by gimonca at 9:54 PM on July 31, 2015

Not exactly an "item," but American football is different from Canadian football (played on a larger field, with slightly different rules) is different from football in the U.K. and elsewhere (ie. what Americans and Canadians call soccer). Then there's Aussie Rules.
posted by Miss T.Horn at 2:59 PM on August 1, 2015

Things I noticed moving from Australia to the US

Fire Hydrants.
Electrical outlets/power points shape, and also lack of switch. I miss being able to turn off a power outlet at the switch without having to unplug things.
Having a trip switch on the kitchen/bathroom power points, in Oz most people have them at the fuse box so all power points are covered. I couldn't figure out why my kitchen power points didn't work as I had to push the button in.

Paper & Envelope sizing.
Bacon.

The condiment packets you get sauce/ketcup in. I miss the Aussie squeeze ones that you don't have to open with your teeth & can use one handed.
Those stupid little straws they use as coffee stirrers in the US, they do nothing *sobs*.
Polystyrene as take away containers, they tend to be plastic or cardboard in Australia. I was surprised it was still used when I moved to the US.
Tea & Soup spoon sizes, you can find ones the "right" size in the US but you have to hunt.
Rulers/scales/thermometers for the most part look different as metric.
posted by wwax at 2:20 PM on August 2, 2015 [2 favorites]

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!
posted by Room 641-A at 2:37 PM on August 2, 2015

The Chinese food box or Oyster Pail.

It is one of those things I've been asked about a few times here in Europe as in "What are those little boxes that Americans in movies are always eating their Chinese food from?"
posted by vacapinta at 6:57 AM on August 3, 2015

Those Chinese food boxes show up in movies more than real life these days. Mostly you get your General Tso in a Styrofoam clamshell instead of the more picturesque cardboard boxes.
posted by octothorpe at 7:47 AM on August 3, 2015

« Older Who can tell me what this is? (classical music...   |   restaurant etiquette: used tissue on finished... Newer »