Shelves for IKEA Samla boxes?

I'm accumulating a lot of IKEA Samla plastic storage boxes, particularly the 11 x 7 x 5 ones, using them for toys (Lego, Hot Wheels, etc.). Has anyone found a shelving system that these will fit neatly into? Thanks!

At the moment, they are stacked in wobbly piles in the playroom. I'd like to have them accessible on the wall. I'm actually kind of surprised that IKEA does not sell custom shelves for these.
posted by carter to Home & Garden (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Cheap restaurant wire-shelving? Shelves are adjustable. When you buy the priecy option from the restaurant supply place, you can buy extra shelves, to suit your needs. One assumes you can with this option, too.
posted by notyou at 8:05 AM on July 28, 2015 [1 favorite]

(...And the mfgr linked above does in fact sell extra shelves; see the Q&A at the link.)
posted by notyou at 8:07 AM on July 28, 2015

Consider a wall-mounted ELFA system or the equivalent Rubbermaid type product at Home Depot or Lowes.
posted by amanda at 9:05 AM on July 28, 2015

In the end I went with multiple Mulig units, as the Samla boxes fit quite well onto these, although it's a tight squeeze to fit them on with the lids on. Works well so far though.
posted by carter at 5:49 AM on February 17, 2016

« Older California State Tax Troubles   |   Good source for concert or album posters? Newer »