Mobile app research

I am researching mobile apps similar to Airbnb and Trip Advisor--essentially popular apps that allow you to (a) search and (b) book. Any resource that critiques or breaks down how these apps work is extremely important as well.

I am also trying to look for different UI/UX design inspiration sites (could be beautiful interface designs, or even little GIFs that focus on functionality or effect aspects).
posted by cyrusw8 to Technology (7 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

[Edited post to remove link to the design site -- if it's necessary for people to understand the question, you can link to it from your profile page instead.]
posted by LobsterMitten (staff) at 4:44 PM on July 6, 2015

What are you looking for? A list of examples of sites like Airbnb & TripAdvisor? Technical documentation of how they work? Style critique?
posted by brainmouse at 4:48 PM on July 6, 2015

Basically, I am looking for a visual breakdown of these kinds of search and book apps.
posted by cyrusw8 at 4:54 PM on July 6, 2015

Like, the design patterns they use? "Visual breakdown" isn't clear to me.
posted by chesty_a_arthur at 6:38 PM on July 6, 2015

The latest trends in terms of interface design in general, and specifically for these types of apps if possible. New (visual) solutions for old interactive problems.
posted by cyrusw8 at 6:55 PM on July 6, 2015

Something like this site that shows teardowns of the user on boarding process in lots of apps/websites?
posted by the agents of KAOS at 5:02 AM on July 7, 2015

I don’t know any sources targeting the mobile travel market, but here are a couple of good mobile design resources.

Pttrns covers mobile design patterns and includes screenshots from a wide variety of apps.

Capptivate focuses on mobile app animations.
posted by the biscuit man at 9:17 AM on July 7, 2015 [1 favorite]

« Older Medium-term memory   |   How do I stop feeling upset and crying when my... Newer »