Is there some kind of open-source IMDB style software?

I'm looking for software that will allow you to create a website where you can search something by author and work title. A wiki seems a little ungainly. I'd like to find something a little more streamlined. IMDB is a good model. Can anyone help me with this?
posted by Alex Goldman to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Response by poster: Bonus points if users can enter information.
posted by Alex Goldman at 5:19 PM on June 7, 2015

It seems like you could use a custom taxonomy and faceted search in WordPress (which is open-source) to do this. There are plug-ins that could facilitate all of the functionality you specify.
posted by limeonaire at 7:07 PM on June 7, 2015 [1 favorite]

You should check out Collective Access.
posted by jmsta at 2:30 AM on June 8, 2015 [1 favorite]

The general category for this kind of thing is CMS - Content Management System. There are plenty of free open source versions available that range from quite involved to pretty simple as well as hosted systems.
posted by srboisvert at 5:05 AM on June 8, 2015 [1 favorite]

« Older Should I go on a second date with a guy I'm not...   |   What is this ring we found? Newer »