Emergency LibreOffice help: all of my footnotes just disappeared!

After saving and closing a document in LibreOffice (in docx format), I just lost all but the first seven footnotes in the piece. I've read some bug reports that suggest that this has been a problem for LibreOffice in years past, but they go light-years beyond my level of computer knowledge. I just want to know if there's any hope of recovering these notes, and if so, what I need to do to get them back.
posted by saladin to Computers & Internet (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

What OS are you on, and where was it saved? If it was saved to a google drive, there may be a previous version. Same possibility for Windows.
posted by Sophont at 12:35 PM on May 9, 2015

Is it possible that there's a temp file of an earlier version with all the correct footnotes?

Recovery of former version.
posted by Major Matt Mason Dixon at 12:51 PM on May 9, 2015

No temp file because I'm an ass and didn't have it set to automatically make back ups. Just re-did them all by hand. May the next person who experiences this and finds this thread have better luck (and foresight) than I did. Thanks for the help anyway, folks.
posted by saladin at 2:03 PM on May 9, 2015

« Older Help! Poison ivy growing into my garden   |   When you've got the best, but couldn't give two... Newer »