Any cool WAP sites out there?

Can somebody suggest any cool WAP sites (I know, that's a bit of an oxymoron). All there seems to be are news, traffic and games and ringtone download sites. Also, does anybody know of a good WAP directory? One that doesn't list sites that have been dead since 2001...
posted by blogenstock to Computers & Internet (7 answers total)

No, but I have been playing a bit with mini opera which you can install on most modern web enabled browsers. Makes standard web pages a bit more usable.
posted by twistedonion at 9:15 AM on November 22, 2005

I really like my local transportation service's WAP site (wap.trimet.org). I don't ride the Bus/Max frequently enough to have the schedule memorized, so it comes in handy when I need to figure out how to get somewhere and when/where I need to be to make that happen. Look for something similar in your town.
posted by togdon at 9:18 AM on November 22, 2005

I think some of the online RSS aggregators work with most phones. If you have a bloglines account, check it out.
posted by mathowie at 9:55 AM on November 22, 2005

<shameless self plug>
I have a fractal website and I have set up a mobile version of it. Pretty pictures on your mobile device:
Hires
Lores
</shameless self plug>

Unfortunately I haven't had much luck finding directories for nifty/fun mobile-accessible content.
posted by jockc at 11:22 AM on November 22, 2005

I found most of my favorites from reading this thread over at Howard Forums.
posted by ducksauce at 12:20 PM on November 22, 2005

Google Maps via WAP. Mobile GMaps.
posted by noahv at 12:55 PM on November 22, 2005

I'm not sure how up to date mobile.google.com listings are (or google.com/pda for PDA users), but I do know that the "big wave of the future" is porn and phone sex sites using WAP technology.

I know for a fact that Danni Ashe has launched a mobile version of her members site, and several of the Phone Dommes that I know are working on WAPsites.
posted by DecemberRaine at 10:56 PM on November 24, 2005

« Older Where did Freyja go? Why?   |   Kosher Turkey = Humanely Treated Turkey? Newer »