How can I find a speaker on mentoring in Seattle, WA?

I want to hire an external speaker to come speak to a group of ~500 women in a large corporate environment about how to effectively find a mentor, be a good mentor, and build a great mentoring relationship that is beneficial for both parties.

The problem is, I don't really know how to search for such a thing. I want a professional who goes around talking about mentoring, and might have written a book about it that we can give out at the event, but all my searches are coming up with people I myself could hire to mentor me.

Do you 1) know of someone awesome, preferably within driving distance to Seattle, or 2) have a good idea on how to search for such a person?
posted by kthxbi to Education (3 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

I just sent you an email with two names.
posted by jennstra at 6:27 PM on February 10, 2015

Personal referencesxare best so go with jennstra's reccommendatin... But if tgeyvqrent availabl, many Universities publish expert lists and the names of profs and reseatchers willing and able to speak publicly.
posted by chapps at 12:01 AM on February 11, 2015

I took a coaching seminar with Lyssa (pronouned lee-sa) Adkins (http://www.coachingagileteams.com/) and she was fantastic. Not sure if she does speaking engagements but she's great and has thought a lot about interactions between people in corporations. She tends to run in software/programming circles but her ideas are broadly applicable. She is a very "real" person and would probably give a meaningful talk.
posted by freecellwizard at 8:19 AM on February 11, 2015

« Older Help me peek behind the curtain   |   MusicFilter: Help me find more mid- to late 90's... Newer »