what is this called and where can I buy one?
February 4, 2015 11:26 AM   Subscribe

Our roommate Napoleon Bone-Apart is missing the little pin that keeps his femur attached to his hip. It looks exactly like this. What is the term for this type of pin, and where can I buy one (or two I guess, but not bulk quantities) so that we can restore Napoleon to his full glory?
posted by xbonesgt to Grab Bag (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Best answer: A threaded eye bolt.
posted by Think_Long at 11:37 AM on February 4, 2015

Best answer: I was going to suggest threaded eye bolt too. If you still have one on hand, take it to the hardware store with you (and those pictures too) and ask someone for help to make sure you get the right thing. They should be pretty cheap. (Also, your skeleton's left femur is on backwards).
posted by Bunny Boneyology at 11:45 AM on February 4, 2015 [11 favorites]

Best answer: Yep, threaded eye bolt with a thumb nut. Measure the one on the remaining leg, and look it up in McMaster-Carr.
posted by zamboni at 11:53 AM on February 4, 2015

Strip the jacket off a piece of solid wire, bend it a little at each end, voila.
posted by notsnot at 12:49 PM on February 4, 2015

« Older Vimeo for technophobes?   |   Recommendations for novels set in Brazil? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.