What do I call the spring loaded metal bit that holds watch bands in?
December 19, 2014 10:39 AM   Subscribe

I have been gifted a Samsung Gear Live, and in the process of struggling to put a backpack on over a heavy winter jacket, I ripped off one of the watch bands. The band itself is fine, but the metal post or whatever that attaches it to the watch face is bent. Can I buy just the post somewhere?

Apologies, I don't really wear watches or shop for them, so I don't really know how the fine details like this work.

I bent the metal bar back to straight but it's really weak now, and prone to falling off. It's got a spring release mechanism, and is about to snap off at that point. I could probably buy a whole new watch band, but I'm curious if watch bands have some sort of standardized parts set and terms I can google / amazon for to price out a replacement bit. What do you even call this thing I broke?
posted by pwnguin to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (4 answers total)
Best answer: watch band spring bar pins
posted by jillithd at 10:41 AM on December 19, 2014 [1 favorite]

It's called a pin, and there are a lot of good suggestions in this previous thread for how to replace it (it's a quick and cheap thing to fix).
posted by Wretch729 at 10:41 AM on December 19, 2014

Best answer: Take it to any jeweler who replaces watch bands, and they will be able to fix it for you for a few bucks.
posted by Leatherstocking at 10:54 AM on December 19, 2014

Response by poster: So I'm actually traveling home for the holidays, and broke the spring bar in the airport. Ended up finding a new jewelry store next to the sandwich shop I normally visit when in town and they installed a new spring pin for five bucks.
posted by pwnguin at 6:54 PM on December 20, 2014

« Older Indie/Twee Playlist for a when you've been DTMFA'd...   |   Best time of year to bicycle from NYC to SF? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.