Medical care in Hong Kong
November 13, 2005 8:55 AM   Subscribe

Please help me determine the name and location of the best Western-style hospital in Hong Kong. I'm also looking for any other tips you can offer to someone seeking medical care there.

A relative is in southeastern China, has been struck by a rather virulent and persistent illness, and is in need of quality medical care. She has had less than stellar luck with the factory-style treatment she's received in indigenous Chinese hospitals, and so will be travelling to HK tomorrow.
posted by killdevil to Health & Fitness (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
if you don't get any info from here it might be a good idea to post in one of the HK expat forums like alloexpat.
posted by tnai at 10:54 AM on November 13, 2005

Best answer: According to my girlfriend, who did a placement in Hong Kong as a student doctor, the two good Western hospitals are the Queen Elizabeth and the Prince of Wales.
posted by chrismear at 11:26 AM on November 13, 2005

Best answer: The Seventh-Day Adventist private hospital is by far the best so long as a) you have money and b) you can put up with annoying Seventh-Day Adventists.
posted by randomstriker at 3:16 PM on November 13, 2005

As I remember it you pay in all public HK hospitals like the Queen Elisabeth and the Prince of Wales: If you have HKID it is about HKD60~100 a day, otherwise about HKD3000. That is for a public ward. I have no idea how you get admitted.
posted by priorpark17 at 9:35 AM on November 14, 2005

« Older iTunes sign on problem   |   How old is too old to start over? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.