Business meeting at Logan (Boston)

I am trying to find a place for four people to meet for a business meeting/interview at Logan airport.

Logistical specifics:

Two of us are local and will drive in.

Two others are flying in just for the day, on different flights and different airlines (one will arrive in terminal E, not sure about the other).

We would look to meet around 11:00 AM.

I'd take restaurant, hotel, function room or other suggestions for a place that we could have conversation in relative quiet (though a not-too-noisy restaurant would be OK). Actually having lunch isn't a requirement, we can always find something afterwards.

We'd meet for roughly two hours.

Any input is appreciated!
posted by Blackcow167 to Travel & Transportation around Boston, MA (10 answers total)

There's a Hilton literally on the airport grounds. I've never been, but some of my Boston-based contacts affirmatively recommend it (as in, they've been themselves for drinks, etc., despite it being at the airport). Would that work?
posted by Joey Buttafoucault at 7:57 AM on October 28, 2014

Is anybody a frequent flier? The airline lounges for frequent fliers often have conference rooms that members can reserve.
posted by COD at 8:09 AM on October 28, 2014

Seconding what COD suggested. I've had business meetings in those lounges in the past, at Logan airport.
posted by alms at 8:11 AM on October 28, 2014

Seconding the Hilton. Especially if you have people in E terminal, it is easiest to meet offsite.

Getting to downtown Boston is very easy: just take the airport shuttle. Never takes me more than 20 minutes travel.
posted by troytroy at 8:11 AM on October 28, 2014

Response by poster: Thanks, folks! The Hilton is sounding like a good option, though I'll see if any of the travelers have access to the lounges.
posted by Blackcow167 at 8:15 AM on October 28, 2014

If the lounges are inside security, which i believe all are, the local folks won't be able to get through security without a plane ticket.
posted by TheAdamist at 8:27 AM on October 28, 2014

I've participated in international review meetings for a Cambridge-based organization, and they host it at the Airport Hilton. People fly in from all over, local people drive in or take the T/bus, and it seems to work very well.

For a small enough group (4 people) you could probably just meet in the lobby or bar without setting anything up formally in advance.

Two bonus benefits: the hotel is really soundproofed well - we never heard any airplane noise in the meeting rooms there. And you can walk from the airport terminals through the parking garage to the Hilton without ever having to set foot outside. It's a bit of a long walk, but easy and weather-proof.
posted by RedOrGreen at 8:43 AM on October 28, 2014 [1 favorite]

I've attended meetings at O'Hare in the lounges and the local people were able to get some sort of special pass that let them through security to attend the meeting. The lounge can probably tell you when you make the reservation for the conference room, if that's the way you choose to go.
posted by Cocodrillo at 9:25 AM on October 28, 2014

Not true. Anyone who is on the invite list for the meeting can get what's known as a "gate pass" from a ticket agent for the relevant airline at the counter. Personally, I've never done this, but I've read that it can be done.

A better option would be the Hilton, though, as the two of you who aren't flying in won't have to deal with the hassle of waiting in line for a gate pass and then going through the Security Circus.
posted by tckma at 10:38 AM on October 28, 2014

Thirding that this is not true. It was very strange going through security without a boarding pass, but I did it.
posted by alms at 1:09 PM on October 28, 2014

« Older Everyone likes cat urine questions   |   Houses that are open for all the world to see Newer »