Alternative comic shops in Denver?
October 18, 2014 6:02 AM   Subscribe

We will be traveling to Denver later this month and would really like to check out some alternative comic shops, if there are any! A Google search turns up general comic shops, but results on alt comic, zine-y shops are few. Any tips on some cool places would be great! Thinking along the lines of Oily comics, etc.
posted by goodetyme to Travel & Transportation around Denver, CO (4 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

It's not just comics (and full disclosure, I have never been there but just know Dan), but Kilgore Books is probably worth checking out. They also run a small press for comics.
posted by darksong at 7:27 AM on October 18, 2014

Kilgore is your best bet, but sometimes there is interesting stuff at Mutiny Now! at Broadway and Ellsworth. You won't be able to buy anything there, but if the Denver Zine Library is open while you are in town, it might be worth stopping in and checking out their collection.
posted by heurtebise at 8:07 AM on October 18, 2014

There's also Mutiny Information Cafe on Broadway, and Black and Read might interest you, too. These are book and/or gaming stores, too, but they seem to have a soft spot for subversion. Give 'em a try!
posted by JulesER at 8:09 AM on October 18, 2014

Seconding Kilgore books. They have a section with independent zines and comics, some locally published.
posted by moonroof at 1:44 PM on October 19, 2014

« Older Name that short story (you'll see why I don't just...   |   How to tackle ACL reconstruction so I can go back... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.