USA seller of "twin screened audio cable" or "two core screened cable?"
May 17, 2014 12:42 AM   Subscribe

I need basically this. I'd rather order it from closer to home. My searches for this type of cable in the US haven't turned up anything, and I don't know enough about electronics to figure out what other names it might go by. I think it's a common type of cable so there must be something I'm missing. Thanks!
posted by univac to Technology (5 answers total)
Best answer: This?
posted by Sophont at 1:07 AM on May 17, 2014

Best answer: Here in the US, it's called "shielded" rather than "screened" cable. Example.
posted by myrrh at 1:24 AM on May 17, 2014 [1 favorite]

Best answer: Yep, I'd call that "shielded," and the individual wires are "conductors."
posted by jon1270 at 2:21 AM on May 17, 2014

Best answer: So "2 conductor shielded" is the cable you're looking for.

Also commonly known as "microphone" cable.
posted by soundguy99 at 3:31 AM on May 17, 2014

Response by poster: Perfect. Thanks.
posted by univac at 8:08 AM on May 17, 2014

« Older Should I take an extra (extra) year?   |   Long reads en fran├žais Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.