Looking for timestretching software that supports variable tempo curves

I'm looking for an audio timestretching tool that allows me to vary the compression/expansion amount over time. In other words, I'd like to be able to draw a tempo "curve" for the input file—say, starting at −8% speed and remaining there for the first minute and twenty seconds; then gradually increasing speed so that it reaches +12% at 5:33; then remaining steady at +12% for the remainder of the track. Help?

I know this can be done manually with any DJ software, but I'm looking for something that affords the same precision as the level/panning/effects automation in DAW software.

I'm using Adobe Audition 3. Either a plugin or a standalone application would be fine.
posted by escape from the potato planet to Computers & Internet (3 answers total)

Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch can do this if you adjust windowing.
posted by oceanjesse at 6:54 PM on December 31, 2013 [2 favorites]

Ableton Live does this. You can draw a curve for the master tempo of the track.
posted by empath at 10:31 PM on December 31, 2013

Almost a year later, I finally figured this out.

In Audition 3, open a clip (so you're in clip editing mode, not the multitrack view).

Select the portion of the clip that you'd like to stretch.

From the "Effects" menu, select "Time and Pitch > Stretch (process)..."

Select the "Gliding Stretch" tab.

There you go!
posted by escape from the potato planet at 9:58 PM on November 20, 2014

« Older Name this book/story, SF division   |   iPad vs 2-in-1 laptop/tablet Newer »