Help me pick an inexpensive standing desk seat

I moved from an Aeron knock off that was beautiful and comfortable to a adjustable bar stool when I realized over time, the chair was the source of terrible back pain. So now I want to get a seat that is more ergonomic but I can't make up my mind. I want to sit erect. I want a place to put my feet if I choose. I want it to adjust up to at least 32 inches. I want the seat angle to be adjustable. All of these do that but I want to make the best decision. Here are my choices: 1, 2, 3. I've narrowed the selection down to these three. They are in my price range and aren't too ugly. I spend a lot of time at my PC and on the phone but I don't want my back to hurt anymore.
posted by CollectiveMind to Computers & Internet (6 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

So what's the question? What are you waivering on between these?
posted by adorap0621 at 10:40 PM on December 13, 2013

I've used all three sorts of chairs you show, and the first one is the only one that didn't make me miserable.

In particular I didn't like the third one - it's more of a 'perching stool' than anything.

I found the first one encouraged the best posture, and was the one I was happiest with.
posted by dotgirl at 11:22 PM on December 13, 2013

I didn't spend too much time looking for you, but don't forget about tall drafting stools/chairs.
Example (Maybe your back would like a chair and not a bar stool.) Standard seat and back with arms with foot rest. Height to 34" and seat back angle is adjustable.

Or this tractor stool one...

Just keep looking, good luck!
posted by Leenie at 2:51 AM on December 14, 2013 [1 favorite]

This is not exactly what you're looking for but I love these so much I have to share. We've had these stools in our shop since 2008 (I'm sitting in one right now). They are very comfortable and durable; we liked them so much we also bought the chair to use at our desk.
posted by workerant at 6:06 AM on December 14, 2013 [1 favorite]

Are you certain you want a backless stool? I find that they are only comfortable for relatively short periods before my back screams for something supportive to rest against; if you spend a lot of time at the puter and answering phones, you might want to consider the products linked to by Leenie and workerant above.
posted by RRgal at 6:22 AM on December 14, 2013

Thanks for the feedback. The comments really help.
posted by CollectiveMind at 9:36 AM on December 14, 2013

« Older Help Me Build a Solar System   |   .io TLD for a personal/family website? Newer »