Arcade Fire costume
October 31, 2013 11:15 AM   Subscribe

What's the best way to make a fire costume? What kind of store should I go to buy what I need?

I am going as the "Arcade Fire" I have an arcade controller. What I need is to make "fire" and maybe some more arcady things. I have 3 hours to get what I need.
posted by esprit de l'escalier to Shopping (9 answers total)

You could tape money all over yourself as you've become "totally sold out, man!"
posted by The 10th Regiment of Foot at 11:17 AM on October 31, 2013 [1 favorite]

Response by poster: lol, that's pretty good. I'd like to keep the cost of the costume below what taping money all over myself would cost.
posted by esprit de l'escalier at 11:20 AM on October 31, 2013

Best answer: I'd wear red and tie some orange and yellow streamers around your body and arms, so that they flutter when you move. Then paint flames on your face with red/yellow/orange face paint. Bam, done.
posted by showbiz_liz at 11:26 AM on October 31, 2013 [1 favorite]

I'd like to keep the cost of the costume below what taping money all over myself would cost.

Fake money. I should have specified.
posted by The 10th Regiment of Foot at 11:32 AM on October 31, 2013

Response by poster: where do you get fake money?
posted by esprit de l'escalier at 11:34 AM on October 31, 2013

You can get fake money at Party City
posted by radioamy at 11:36 AM on October 31, 2013

Best answer: Makeup references:

One
Two
Three
Four

Any of these could be done with cheap Halloween store face paint, which will look far superior to using eyeshadow or something. (Cover it with clear powder to prevent smudging.)
posted by showbiz_liz at 11:37 AM on October 31, 2013 [1 favorite]

Monopoly game, Party City, toy store, toy section of a big box store or many grocery stores...
posted by The 10th Regiment of Foot at 11:38 AM on October 31, 2013

Chinese supermarkets usually have cheap fake money.
posted by Too-Ticky at 12:15 PM on October 31, 2013

« Older Why labor induction if everything is going well?   |   Feels like a longshot, but you did find that other... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.