Similiar books like "The first 90 days"

Are there books such as this to help with gaining traction in your career?

I came across this book and wished I had it when I started my job 3 years back. Still, it was good reading and now I am wondering if there are other such books that help with initial days at a job. Would love your recommendations and see what everyone is reading or read when they started.
posted by ladoo to Work & Money (2 answers total) 14 users marked this as a favorite

The Unwritten Laws of Engineering-- somewhat dated in the verbiage, but solid middle class advice
posted by ohshenandoah at 3:56 PM on October 26, 2013 [1 favorite]

You might be interested in Venkatesh Rao's The Gervais Principle, which is a serious (mostly) look at office politics through the prism of The Office (US version). Originally a series of blog posts which gained a cult following, it's now available as a e-book from Amazon too (click on book cover on right hand side)
posted by zresearch at 12:10 AM on October 27, 2013 [3 favorites]

« Older Anyone Remeber History program with Graeme Garden?...   |   Best streaming service for randomized... Newer »