Who is this guy?

Who is this person? I have glossy stickers of this face on surfaces all over New York city. Who is he?
posted by to sir with millipedes to Grab Bag (8 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

Looks like Rosey Grier to me.
posted by 1970s Antihero at 8:09 AM on October 24, 2013

I'm going to second Rosey Grier.

More info than anyone needs -- I just got a copy of his macramé-for-men book from the 1970s for my husband as a gift. Also sang, "It's alright to cry," on, "Free to Be You and Me." You could say we are fans.
posted by mamabear at 8:40 AM on October 24, 2013 [2 favorites]

Response by poster: If it were rosey grier, doesn't it seem that I would be able to find that image by Google Image Searching his name? That guy looks more South Asian to me than Rosey Grier. Other suggestions welcome.
posted by to sir with millipedes at 9:24 AM on October 24, 2013 [5 favorites]

i don't know who it is, but it isn't rosey grier. the teeth aren't the same.
posted by misanthropicsarah at 10:04 AM on October 24, 2013 [3 favorites]

Yeah, I have the Rosey Grier book, too, and that's not him.

Are we sure that's not just some random guy who's being pranked?
posted by vickyverky at 10:22 AM on October 24, 2013 [3 favorites]

Rosie Grier is like eighty years old. The guy in that photo is say 30? A 50 year old photo of Roosevelt Grier I guessing would have more of an afro?
posted by three blind mice at 10:59 AM on October 24, 2013

That is NOT Rosy Grier at any age. Doesnt really even look that much like him.
posted by jcworth at 12:54 PM on October 24, 2013

Oh, God, I just saw this posted on Facebook this morning, but damned if I can remember where (and I'm not paging all the way back to look). some sort of viral.
posted by dhartung at 3:37 AM on October 25, 2013

« Older Where should I live?   |   Librarianship > IA / UX work - how did you make... Newer »