Light me up

Winter has come. Because of my schedule and the late sunrise/early sunset, I find my daily run is happening in the dark morning or dark night.

I'm running on streets with streetlights, so my lighting concerns are more about attracting attention to myself so no one runs me over.
I used to have a very cool light that had an insane magnet so you could stick it anywhere [middle of back, etc] and it didn't move at all. I can't find it.
I have plenty of reflective stuff.
I'm interested in the led arm/leg bands, but I can find $20/band for delivery within a few days or super super cheap for coming from China in three weeks or when we feel like it.
Ideas or LED arm/leg bands for running that are reasonably priced and don't take 6 years to get to my mailbox?
While I'm happy to repurpose something not intended for running, I'm not interested in DIY ideas right now.
posted by atomicstone to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (5 answers total) 15 users marked this as a favorite

Goneforarun has a sale underway that might interest you.
posted by bearwife at 12:57 PM on October 4, 2013

I strongly recommend NiteIze.

They have a large variety of durable and bright lights you can strap or clip to yourself. They aren't as super-cheap as the Chinese junk, but they are plenty durable. I've seen them in stock at my local hardware and variety stores (MacLendon's, Fred Meyer) and they have a good Amazon presence.

I rely on NiteIze spoke lights and clip-on lights for my daily rides and dog-walks, all of which are in the dark.
posted by Kakkerlak at 12:58 PM on October 4, 2013 [1 favorite]

Road ID Supernova wrist bands are fabulously visible. Road ID has a bunch of products in this category.

You can also get reflective shoe laces and hats.
posted by 26.2 at 2:19 PM on October 4, 2013

2nding NiteIze. I have the armband version of this slap-bracelet and it is BRIGHT. Under $10 and eligible for Amazon Prime.

I think I got the armband from LL Bean if that's what you're looking for specifically? But you will be unmissable with the bracelet, too.
posted by charmcityblues at 2:24 PM on October 4, 2013 [1 favorite]

Is this it?
posted by ambrosia at 3:05 PM on October 4, 2013

« Older Massachusetts employment Finder   |   Black Currants and Licorice Newer »