One, two, three (in another language) classification for expertise?
September 30, 2013 11:00 AM   Subscribe

What's the system for learning and following the rules that's described by the numbers one, two, and three in what I think is an Asian language?

A few years ago I read an article about how people follow rules as they become experts. I remember level one was following all the rules, level two was occasionally breaking the rules, and level three was fluidly moving back and forth between the two without really following the system at all. The system was just called "one, two, three", but not in English.

For some reason I can't find the right terms to google to make this come up, but I'm assuming this description is enough to jog someone's memory? Much obliged.
posted by cacophony to Education (2 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
Sounds like ShuHaRi, which I found by looking up the Dreyfus model to which it bears a remarkable similarity.
posted by regularfry at 11:24 AM on September 30, 2013 [1 favorite]

That's what I was looking for! Thanks! I can always count on you guys!
posted by cacophony at 11:30 AM on September 30, 2013

« Older Is the new Nexus 7 good for reading PDFs?   |   Ideas about how to understand mortgage loan... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.