NW Passage - Who is the backup singer?

I love NW Passage by Stan Rogers, but I am particularly into the backup singer whose voice rises above the rest on the chorus. Do you know who that is? I would love to hear some of his songs.
posted by ohisee to Media & Arts (3 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite

I don't know for sure, but my guess would be his brother Garnet Rogers. He definitely worked with Stan a lot before Stan's death and played backup, given that he also sings I'd say he's a good candidate. You could try listening to his version of Northwest Passage and compare (sadly I am at work and not able to have sound on atm).
posted by Athanassiel at 10:36 PM on September 27, 2013

Best answer: Ooh, just found credits for the album. My money's still on Garnet, but could also have been Chris Crilly, David Eadie or David Alan Eadie.
posted by Athanassiel at 10:41 PM on September 27, 2013

Best answer: Listening to it, my money is also on that being Garnet's voice you're singling out with those sort of yelping swells as he cuts off the notes.
posted by spitbull at 11:06 AM on September 28, 2013

« Older Yoga for clumsy but active person with chronic...   |   Feeding Teenage Cats Newer »