How should I present this gift?

I need a pretty package.

I am giving my friend an antique brush that is 10 inches long and 1 inch wide. I want to put it in something pretty. My ideal scenario is a slim wooden box. I have also considered a velvet or silk pouch.

My question, in three parts:
-Do you have a better idea of something pretty to put it in?
-Where can I find a pretty thing like one of the above?
-Any search term suggestions that could get me something with the right dimensions?

I have two weeks to procure this item. I'm in Atlanta, GA but vastly prefer shopping online. I don't want to spend a lot of money on this part but I might if it was truly special.

posted by ohsnapdragon to Shopping (8 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Lovely brush. A (cylindrical) knitting needle case? Etsy, rubylane.com, eBay, tias.com?
posted by kmennie at 6:41 PM on September 23, 2013

What about a decorative wine box? Googling turned up a bunch of nice wooden ones, and I'm sure you find some on etsy, even personalized. Cushion the brush in the box with either some artistically-crumpled tissue paper, or maybe a pretty lightweight scarf?
posted by hasna at 6:55 PM on September 23, 2013

puzzle box
puzzle box
posted by bq at 7:49 PM on September 23, 2013

I have been waiting for this recommendation:

Sarah's Hat Boxes

Have them make you a customized box. Post a link to the pic in this thread if you go with it.
posted by hal_c_on at 7:58 PM on September 23, 2013

Maybe a florist's box meant for a single rose?
posted by blnkfrnk at 11:19 PM on September 23, 2013 [1 favorite]

Print out a beautiful painting and wrap it in that piece of paper?
posted by cacao at 3:25 AM on September 24, 2013

Gift stores have decorative wine wrapping. Or go to a liquor store and see if they have an nifty boxes from wine or liquor.
posted by theora55 at 5:49 PM on September 24, 2013

In case anyone's interested: I found a little wooden box/tray set at IKEA and painted one of the parts. Final result.
posted by ohsnapdragon at 12:21 PM on October 13, 2013

« Older Children's books that include children of color?   |   Help me find this ridiculously obscure book. Newer »