What's this little yellow flower?

Some neighbor dropped off this flowering plant (picture 1, picture 2), and I'm trying to figure out what it is, and (BONUS QUESTION) whether it's toxic to the cats. Little four-petalled yellow flowers, thick waxy-feeling leaves, roughly a foot tall in its pot. Okay thanks for reading, for your time here's a nice pic of Thunder Perfect Cat on cat tranquilizers
posted by Greg Nog to Science & Nature (12 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

It's a kalanchoe. And it can be toxic to cats.
posted by shrabster at 5:09 PM on September 18, 2013 [1 favorite]

Some kind of yellow kalanchoe, yes. A popular houseplant.
posted by Nomyte at 5:10 PM on September 18, 2013

You guys fucking RULE

Let me know if there's anything I can do for ya, I got more cat pics and all
posted by Greg Nog at 5:12 PM on September 18, 2013

More stoner cat pls
posted by the young rope-rider at 5:23 PM on September 18, 2013 [16 favorites]

This is Caliban Party Ghost on cat tranquilizers
posted by Greg Nog at 5:49 PM on September 18, 2013 [10 favorites]

Awesome tranquilizer kitties. My neighbors simply drop off kitties instead of plants.
posted by mightshould at 7:11 PM on September 18, 2013

I am pretty sure I speak for everyone here when I say that there should be some Greg On Cat Tranquilizers photos and Cats In People Clothes photos
posted by elizardbits at 7:17 PM on September 18, 2013 [2 favorites]

do you have any more questions on cats, we can answer them if that means more pics, yes okay thank you
posted by invitapriore at 9:30 PM on September 18, 2013 [3 favorites]

I don't feel like your question has been properly answered yet. We need more information. What exactly do you think your cat might look like if it were to eat the plant and need to take tranquilizers, for medical reasons? What if you were to take the tranquilizers and let the cat take the photos? Could you share those photos? That will help us re-ID the plant.
posted by The corpse in the library at 5:23 PM on September 20, 2013

Science requires evidence of how your stoned cats react to photos of the plants.
posted by ardgedee at 5:25 PM on September 20, 2013 [1 favorite]

Also, we would like photos of the cats demonstrating that they are safe from the scary plants, thank you.
posted by gingerbeer at 5:29 PM on September 20, 2013 [1 favorite]

I agree. Please demonstrate photographically that cats and plants are well separated.
posted by rtha at 5:31 PM on September 20, 2013 [1 favorite]

« Older Please don't Facebook our wedding photos....yet   |   Should I go to school for public health? Newer »