OM NOM NOM: Manhattan, South-of-Times-Square edition.
September 17, 2013 6:44 AM   Subscribe

Tasty slightly-reworked versions of beloved ethnic food in Manhattan, south of Times Square? I've been to Baohaus and Bonchon and Caracas Arepa Bar and love them both. Clearly, there have to be others!
posted by joyceanmachine to Travel & Transportation around New York, NY (4 answers total) 11 users marked this as a favorite

Best answer: Pok Pok Phat Thai!
posted by moonmilk at 7:47 AM on September 17, 2013

Best answer: Coppelia (amazing cocktails too, with good happy hour specials, especially all evening at the bar Sundays and Mondays), mainly Latin American.

Crisp is a hummus place that has some really cool variations on hummus and felafel.
posted by Salamandrous at 7:54 AM on September 17, 2013

Best answer: All the Momofukus. Fatty Cue? Personally I would just head straight to 32nd st K-town for awesome original Korean barbeque. (Between 5th and Broadway).
posted by bquarters at 8:04 AM on September 17, 2013

Best answer: Upscale/modern/creative/hipster-ized Asian:
- Thai: Kin Shop, Ngam
- Thai/Filipino: Pig & Khao
- Filipino: Maharlika, Jeepney
- Japanese: Takashi (BBQ), Blue Ribbon Sushi & Izakaya
- Korean: Momofuku Ssam Bar, Hanjan, Jungsik (much more upscale than the others I've listed)
- Chinese/Chinese-American: Red Farm, Hakkasan (upscale), Mission Chinese, Cafe China, Lotus Blue
- Pan-Asian: Wong, Asia Dog (hot dogs)
posted by kathryn at 8:23 AM on September 17, 2013

« Older What to do with thin brick construction debris.   |   Should I add a third cat to our humble home? Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.